What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada 18 def. USA 16 in thriller

Big Picture

Juniors
Final score Canada 18, USA 16..... congratulations to the CRL on what they've achieved in a short span of time.

The Wolverines scored 4 touchdowns and 1 goal, the Tomahawks 3 TDs and 2 goals. The CBC coverage wasn't bad, but the action missed by them going to commercial multiple times during the play (they even missed one of our TDs in the first half) was a definite annoyance. As I've pointed out in other posts, the British and Australian practice of fitting most of the commercials in at halftime is not a viable option for TV coverage here in North America.

Just watched the game on cable in Jamaica..magnificent game..down to the wire. Congrats to Canada and well fought USA.
good win for Canada getting a win on national tv will only increase the profile of the sport in Canada as for the tomahawks they are the most terribly run team in rugby league

billy2

Juniors
Fantastic result.
Both countries can use this rivalry to drive the game forward.
And Jamacia can be part of this too.
Despite all the drama, North America has had some great advances this year.

Big Picture

Juniors
good win for Canada getting a win on national tv will only increase the profile of the sport in Canada as for the tomahawks they are the most terribly run team in rugby league
For me personally it was an absolute pleasure finally getting to see Canadians play football the way our forefathers did 100 years ago. Beating the Yanks was great too. ;-)

mother rucker

Juniors
First of congratulations to Canada good win with such a young program. And I mean no disrespect by saying this. I don't care what the RLIF say's, Canada beat Dave Nui's AMNRL select side. When players are band from representing their country, its not a USA team. Maybe Canada should have the USA WC slot till the USA can sort out their drama.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great result for the game. I would agree that Canada should take the AMNRL's place in the WCQ. I dread to think of how badly organised that tournament will be after hearing reports from the previous fixture v Canada. RLIF review of the situation in the USA can't come soon enough.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I wonder if this result will inspire Niu and company to rein in their egos somewhat and select a true national team for the Tomahawks.

Number 16

Juniors
I like the opening line...

"Canada has stunned the USA by pulling off a first ever win against their North American rivals"

The only people who were 'stunned' were those who inhabit the make-believe world that is the AMNRL.

The Tomahawks could really struggle to Qualify for the WC if Jamaica pull in a few heritage players to bolster their side (which no doubt they'll do). A truly representative USA could push them all the way - a Knights/Bulls select certainly won't.

spooky

Juniors
I know Canada would be delighted to take the USA's place in the WC qualifiers. I'm sure they'd do a great job organizing them too. To quote a Canada player, the game in Philadelphia was an absolute shambles. Just hope they've put more effort into the WC qualifiers.

nadera78

Juniors
I know Canada would be delighted to take the USA's place in the WC qualifiers. I'm sure they'd do a great job organizing them too. To quote a Canada player, the game in Philadelphia was an absolute shambles. Just hope they've put more effort into the WC qualifiers.

I asked this before but does anyone know if the WCQ is being organised by the AMNRL or the RLEF? Hope to God it's the latter.

Goddo

Bench
First USA and now Canada!!!

Is there any teams in Canada, or are they some more internet creations with fake crowds?

I would suggest the USA stack the whole team with heritage players if the local comp is anything to go by! Did anyone see the Grand Final on You Tube, they couldnt get near an A Reserve team in Australia!
:lol:
RedB? MichaelC?

Any other guesses on who this fudge packer is?