What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra P/League, What's happening ??

2 True Blues

Coach
I have been watching the Raiders play the Jets in reserves in every game since Jets entered the competition in year 2000. However I missed last weekends game when the Jets beat you guys 30 to 10.

Canberra have been a power house of the Premier league comp, and usually always have the wood over the Jets team. That is the biggest win against you guys the Bluebags have enjoyed since 2000.

Is there a problem this year with the juniors or is it an injury situation. They just don't seem as strong as previous years. I suppose a lot of blokes have stepped up to the NRL as well, however they have always had such strong juniors.

I am not at all intending to take any piss, just wondering whats doin this season ???

Lime_Green

Juniors
With the exception of the game before last the results all year have been pretty bad.

Chucking Dobson, Best and Howell pack into PL this week will have disrupted existing combinations no doubt, but it's more than that.

The coach (Tony Adams?) has zero profile, it would be interesting to hear any first hand impressions of him.

Edwahu

Bench
I could be wrong but I think there is a bit more emphasis on Flegg this year. In previous years lots of the best flegg age guys would be put straight into PL but this year it seems to not be the case as much.

greentongue

Juniors
That's possibly right as they are getting rid of the premier league team next year due to the under 20 comp.

Raider Azz

Bench
yeah i think there's a bigger focus on the younger grades this year in preparation for the new u20's comp next year.

Chachi

Bench
I still think we should be doing better than we are in PL. To have a forward pack containing the likes of Hinchcliffe, Raston, Thurling, Williams, Rothery, Picker etc on a regular basis should keep you more than competitive.

Granted the backs are a bit thin, but to also have guys like Dobson/Campese/Herbert, Best, Cross and Howell there you would think we'd be winning more than our share of games.

Butch

Juniors
You know the Premier League side will be playing as the Souths Logan Magpies as of next year.

julian87

Juniors
Well apparently there will be no Premier League next yr because of the under 20's comp.

Which means players on the fringes who don't have a qld cup feeder will have to play jim beam cup lol. Watch the difference between established first graders like Thompson, Tongue and Graham and those on the fringes like Rothery, Thurling and Kelly grow wider and wider over the next few yrs.

Stuart

Juniors
julian87 said:
Well apparently there will be no Premier League next yr because of the under 20's comp.

Which means players on the fringes who don't have a qld cup feeder will have to play jim beam cup lol. Watch the difference between established first graders like Thompson, Tongue and Graham and those on the fringes like Rothery, Thurling and Kelly grow wider and wider over the next few yrs.

I think we are lucky we are affiliated with the Souths Logans Magpies, they will be our "reserve" grade side next year. You only have to look at N. QLd, Brisbane and the Storm to realise that the qulaity of footy in the Qld cup is pretty high and not much below PL. all three of those sides do fine without a PL side... Sides without that will be forced to use Jim Beam cup sides which will be a big dissadvatge IMO.

taffy

Juniors
legend said:
I think Qld Cup is higher than PL and lower than first grade.

I think the PL is stronger than QLD cup, they played a rep game last year and im pretty sure QLD Cup was beaten...

Raider Azz

Bench
Stuart said:
I think we are lucky we are affiliated with the Souths Logans Magpies, they will be our "reserve" grade side next year. You only have to look at N. QLd, Brisbane and the Storm to realise that the qulaity of footy in the Qld cup is pretty high and not much below PL. all three of those sides do fine without a PL side... Sides without that will be forced to use Jim Beam cup sides which will be a big dissadvatge IMO.
yeah but remember it isn't going to be a short trip for players if they are demoted to the QLD cup next year.

Latest posts