What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders Board delivered recommendations from High Performance Review

legend

Coach
Hardly anything has changed IMO. Still lacking in key positions and still have Furner as coach.

The rest is just smoke and mirrors to make it look like they are doing something.

Nothing will change IMO.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
A few things have changed but if we get off to another bad start then there will be absolutely no excuse to keep persisting with Furner.

That said, I actually do hope Furner has a great season next year.

Cryptic

Juniors
... It was a review... Not a major potion which invented players in the positions we need that we could afford to get and who wanted to play for us... And FFS ease up on Furner already.... We have had three years of high injury tolls, if we go next year with 90% of our roster available for 95% of the time and we still don't do well, then questions should be asked...

That said the questions should be asked of the team AND the coach... it's not all one one man who isn't even out there...

legend

Coach
That man is still an imbecile with no game plan, flair and initiative. He plays a 1980's brand of football that makes me want to rip my eyes out with a rusty screwdriver!

I have more faith in my sons under11's to execute a game plan than Furner and the current raiders side!

Bay56

First Grade
If we fail to make an impression next season I'm sure there will be a reason ... we always find a excu err err reason

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
I am a big campaigner of sacking David Furner.. would love Ricky Stuart, or Laurie Daley:) to join us.. .just wanted to consider a few possibilities...

If raiders start the season 0/6 surely he has to be sacked??? but who would we sign up?? not so many good coaches floating around anymore;( nathan brown??

welll lets say the raiders are 3/6.. and end up with a 50% winning average.. and we had no injuries all year.. what happens to DF then... going to be in such a F&*%^ situation.. coz they will keep him:(

finally.. lets say we end up havign a great year... well that would be nice:) personally ill write a very long apology letter to DF... anyway....

just a little concerned about us having a mediocre year..not great.. but not terrible.. maybe this would be the worst result for us;(

edabomb

First Grade
I expect Furner to be safe if we come 12th or above - if you don't sack him for producing such a terrible side this year they won't sack him for a marginal improvement.

We really are just treading water for now - can anyone in the world genuinely see Furner coaching us to a premiership with his style (that legend described so well!) ?

I expect Furner to be safe if we come 12th or above - if you don't sack him for producing such a terrible side this year they won't sack him for a marginal improvement.

We really are just treading water for now - can anyone in the world genuinely see Furner coaching us to a premiership with his style (that legend described so well!) ?

The board have essentially put 2011 down to injuries to key players.

And to a big extent I agree. Dugan , Campo , Shillo and TLL missed big chunks of the season and even when they played they were not 100%.

Any team would struggle without their key players regardless who was coaching them. In saying that the team still should of performed better , for me DF is the not the only one accountable for that but the players as well.

The back end of the year the side gave up , played with no heart.

My biggest grief with DF was the continually selection of Tongue at hooker and the selection of out of form players. This may have been restricted by the salary cap.

2012 is the year the team and Df need to stand up. DF will walk if the Raiders don't perform

legend

Coach
Daniel Anderson would be just what the club needs IMO. Good football brain and a disciplinarian who doesn't pander to egos.

We are traditionally slow starters and I don't see anything changing next year.

We would have to win at least four of our first six for me to believe we have all our oars in the water.

I agree we cant afford a slow start and expect a late charge to make the finals.

It looks to me we lack fitness early in the season. We fade away in games.

Im hoping the new strength and conditioning structure rectifies this area.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Daniel Anderson would be just what the club needs IMO. Good football brain and a disciplinarian who doesn't pander to egos.

We are traditionally slow starters and I don't see anything changing next year.

We would have to win at least four of our first six for me to believe we have all our oars in the water.

Daniel Anderson... fair dinkum
you're as mad as a cut snake...

the mark of a good coach is one who leaves this club in a better play than he found it, anderson has exclusively done the opposite of that.

aussies1st

Staff member
Anderson seems to take a team to the final in one season then fall apart in the next season. He's done that twice so maybe he'll get a third time lucky. Whatever he does seems to work but he doesn't seem to be liked off the field.

Bay56

First Grade
^^^
a coach that can take us to a final for one season ! ... you know what I'd settle for that and take my chances from there ... lets face it, beats being a cellar dweller