What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra team in 09

Hoofa22

Juniors
:DHow will the team fair for next year?
With Best, Zillman, Weyman, Hinchcliffe, Chalk, Carney and Costigan gone and Flanagan, Shillington and Huihahui and maybe a few more in for next year the team should look like this.

1. Dave Milne
2. Justin Carney
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Phil Graham
5 Adrian Purtell
6. Terry Campese
7. Marc Herbert/ Lincoln Withers
8. Troy Thompson
9. Glen Buttriss/ Stuart Flanagan/ Linc Withers
10. Dane Tilse/ Scott Logan
11. Glen Turner/Trevor Thurling/Nigel Plum
12. Joe Picker/ Josh Miller
13. Alan Tongue

14. Trevor Thurling/ Glen Turner
15. Josh Miller
16. Tom LL
17. Scott Logan/Troy Thompson
18. Linc Withers
19. Nigel Plum
20. Ben Jones

What do you guys think??

RaiderRhino

Juniors
Great side except I think we need some outside backs for back up.One injury and they'll be calling Kelly again.I think we know what everyone thinks of that. Is there anyone special on the open market?

What i'd like to see Rd1.

1. Milne
2. Graham
3. Carney
4. Monaghan
5. Purtell
6. Campese
7. Herbert
8. Logan
9. Flanagan
10. Tilse
11. Thurling
12. Picker
13. Tongue

14. Shillington
15. TLL
16. Turner
17. J. Thompson
18. Butriss

We have got alot of foward depth. Some of the players that didnt make my team i actually rate

Chachi

Bench
Huihahui?

Potentially the loss of Zilly is our biggest drawback IMO. There were obvious question marks about his durability and best position but there is no doubt in my mind he was the most freakishly gifted ball runner in our club (like Jennings with Penrith).

He may yet turn out to be like Ryan O'Hara and prove to be no great loss at all, but it will be a shame to see him kick on elsewhere if that happens.

I'm happy to have Linc as our backup halfback to Herbie while the younger guys come through.

J Thompson, Dugan and Fensom are almost certainties to make their FG debut sooner rather than later, but I think we are still a decent three-quarter and a second rower short of a balanced squad.

Raider_69

Post Whore
At this stage, imo, assuming no one off contract right now is retained:

1. Milne
2. Graham
3. Carney
4. Monaghan
5. Purtell
6. Campese
7. Herbert
8. Tilse
9. Buttriss
10. Thompson
11. Picker
12. Thurling
13. Tongue

14. Miller
15. TLL
16. Logan
17. Withers

Shillington and Flannagan need to earn their place in a side playing pretty good footy right now. I have the upmost confidence they'll do just that but as of right now, the above would be my top 17

Raider_69

Post Whore
And chach is right, we are one good second rower and one good wing/three quarter short of good depth
That said J.Thompson and Fensom could easily turn out to be that quality 2nd row option that we're missing and same with blokes like Low, Vidot, Brophy, Dugan and Q from souths logan

Kelly' selection has shown our apparent lack of depth in the backs.
Who's Huihahui ,dont know of him.
Our forwards stocks look good , our hookers are strong too,
we wont be able to afford any season ending injuries to the backs next year, it'll be interesting to see if the likes of Vidot , Low and Grintell get added to the FG squad.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'll have

1. Milne
2. Carney
3. Monaghan
4. Purtell
5. Graham
6. Campese
7. Herbert
8. Tilse
9. Buttriss
10. Thompson
11. Thurling
12. Picker
13. Tongue

14. Flanagan/Withers
15. Shillington
16. TLL
17. Logan/Miller

Chachi

Bench
And chach is right, we are one good second rower and one good wing/three quarter short of good depth
That said J.Thompson and Fensom could easily turn out to be that quality 2nd row option that we're missing and same with blokes like Low, Vidot, Brophy, Dugan and Q from souths logan
D'ya reckon Low and Brophy are up to it R69? I have my doubts.

Q sounds like an interesting prospect...could be an x factor...

Hoofa22

Juniors
Sam Huihahau is a 20 year old winger currently playing for South Sydney. Has played NRL level this year and is in the same mould as Justin Carney 180cm 90kg

Timbo

Staff member
My starting 17, and the remainder making up the top 25:

1-D.Milne
2-P.Graham
3-J.Carney
4-J.Monaghan
5-A.Purtell
6-T.Campese (vc)
7-M.Herbert
8-D.Shillington
9-S.Flanagan
10-S.Logan
11-J.Picker
12-T.Learoyd-Lahrs
13-A.Tongue (c)

14-J.Miller
15-T.Thurling
16-L.Withers
17-D.Tilse

R-N.Plum
R-T.Thompson
R-G.Turner
R-S.Fensom
R-G.Buttriss
R-M.Picker
R-J.Dugan
R-C.Grintell

----------------------------------------

That's my top 25. Whilst I agree in principal that Flanagan and Shillington should have to earn a spot, anyone who thinks they wont be automatic starters in round 1 is kidding themselves.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
So we did sign Huihahau? Never seen it confirmed.

you guys did sign him. confirmed a while ago in DT. he is very prone to injury and inexperienced, but i am still bitter we lost him. he did some very good things in the under 20's, and held up ok considering he was only in firsts during our first 7 rounds. very good handler of the ball. takes some incredible marks on the wing. very quick too

Cryptic

Juniors
Honest why does everyone pick Flanagan in their starting side? He can't make the Tigers starting side ATM and their usual hooker is playing half so that makes him thier third string...

Mal Meninga

Bench
I've got alot of time for Buttsy and Waddell.

We'll lose one of them in a year or two and the club will regret throwing so much money at yet another fringe player from a club lower on the ladder.

Phillips

Referee
1. Milne
2. Huihahau
3. Carney
4. Monaghan
5. Graham
6. Campese
7. Herbert
8. Shillington
9. Flanagan
10. Logan