What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel everything and get to Allianz Stadium

Western Stand

Juniors
This is it Penrith members and supporters. This is the match and the opportunity that many of us have been waiting many years for. The chance to knock Cronulla out of the premiership race will almost be as sweet as lifting the trophy on September 30.

We are in it to win it. However, so are Cronulla and as much as it pains me to say it, they have a very good team. We will need to play at our best to topple them on Friday.

Our record at Allianz in the past five years is excellent. We have a 100% winning record in finals there since 2014. However, in 2016 and 2017, we were knocked out of the competition in week two. This Friday is the chance to arrest that slide and it is also the first time in these three consecutive years that week two is being played in Sydney.

This means that everyone needs to do whatever is required to be at the football stadium to support our team. The city is a long way away for those of you who live in Penrith. Forget that and just think about the atmosphere and the tension in the air between two teams that aren't overly keen on each another and two sets of supporters that live by different codes. You will not feel that by watching the television and your team certainly won't feel it at the ground through your tv.

Cronulla supporters will travel to this game. They would be expecting to win and move onto play Melbourne. It is our job to out number them, out sing them and will our team onto victory.

If you are undecided, let the sounds and images of Cronulla supporters cheering and singing at our expense for the past 5-6 times resonate in your mind. For me, losing to them is very hard to get over. I loathe Cronulla and I need to be at this game to cheer louder than any Sharks fan does. You all do too.

This is it Penrith, it is our time to make a difference and stop these Sharks from pushing us around. We have to be there in our tens of thousands. We have to cheer, sing and boo louder than them. We have to let our team know that they aren't there all by themselves. We can be the difference but this will only happen if we are sitting inside that stadium.

You have to be there. Trust me, the drive home will be one of the sweetest moments of your life if we can end their season and move onto Melbourne in the Preliminary Final.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I'm keen, just hoping there'll still be some decent tickets left tomorrow morning!

forby

Juniors
Would love to be there, but will be working in Malaysia on Friday. Hopefully I can get it on my computer.
I hope there is a massive Panthers presence at the ground, and all those who missed the Warriors game get to Allianz on Friday!

Panfa

Juniors
I wouldnt miss it for the world the chance to give it to those ex panthers and sharks supporters its gonna be so sweet friday cant come quick enough then im off to melbourne guys might do a road trip

Latest posts