What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel the pre-match entertainment!!!

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
It's an embarrassment to the game. It's lame and it does nothing to rev the crowd up. It makes our game look small and amateurish. Either spend the money and get a big act or don't bother at all. I'd rather they just went straight from the under 20's (playing it closer to the gf gives it more exposure) into the anthem then into the grand final. Why do we need some horribly mediocre rock band coming on? It cheapens it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the Toyota's on the field was a real classy touch! Who says RL has sold out to the corporate world?

StormChaser

First Grade
I was horrified by Noiseworks. FFS, they were hardly even popular in the bloody 80's!
I don't know who the NRL hire to arrange these events, but they are stuck back in 1989 and need to move with the times.

Cringeworthy!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I didn't even watch any of it! lol. Only turned the tv on when the game was close to starting. I was never much into pre-match entertainment.

On a positive note it was the best Australian national anthem i have ever heard. The crowd got right into it and Anthony Warlow was fantastic !

The best part of the entertainment was and always is the Helicopter bringing in the Trophy.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
On a positive note it was the best Australian national anthem i have ever heard. The crowd got right into it and Anthony Warlow was fantastic !

The best part of the entertainment was and always is the Helicopter bringing in the Trophy.

There should be a law that only opera singers can sing the anthem at footy games.

Far better than some pop singer trying to murder it :lol:

Hanscholo

Bench
Huge rap to John Stevens. The guy is a great performer, and i enjoyed what he did.

Now down to business.

WHAT A f**kING DISGRACE. Whoever decided that a half arsed attempt at the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony drum display with f**king BBQ's was a good idea needs to be taken out the back of the stadium and flogged repeatedly. Of all the lame ideas we tried to come up with a week ago in an attempt to predict the lame entertainment none of us in our silliest moments even came close to that sh*t.

Seriously, i was that embarresed i switched over in that bit to watch the bike racing. Is the NRL so devoid of ideas that having a BBQ drum solo ( on tape ) was something they thought people would be entertained by?

Gallop is f**king obsessed with BBQ's, every sentence that comes out of his mouth in relation to the GF has a reference to BBQ's in it. Its like he read a feedback memo about people being pissed about not getting to have a sunday arvo BBQ on GF day and has decided that if he backs the BBQ to the hilt he wont fail as an administrator.

4/10

4=John stevens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Huge rap to John Stevens. The guy is a great performer, and i enjoyed what he did.

Now down to business.

WHAT A f**kING DISGRACE. Whoever decided that a half arsed attempt at the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony drum display with f**king BBQ's was a good idea needs to be taken out the back of the stadium and flogged repeatedly. Of all the lame ideas we tried to come up with a week ago in an attempt to predict the lame entertainment none of us in our silliest moments even came close to that sh*t.

Seriously, i was that embarresed i switched over in that bit to watch the bike racing. Is the NRL so devoid of ideas that having a BBQ drum solo ( on tape ) was something they thought people would be entertained by?

Gallop is f**king obsessed with BBQ's, every sentence that comes out of his mouth in relation to the GF has a reference to BBQ's in it. Its like he read a feedback memo about people being pissed about not getting to have a sunday arvo BBQ on GF day and has decided that if he backs the BBQ to the hilt he wont fail as an administrator.

4/10

4=John stevens.

And they didn't even get any money from Weber for it!

pepe

Juniors
the bbqs reminded me of the lawnmowers and clothes lines at the sydney olympics,what the heck is going on in old sydney town!

pepe

Latest posts