What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

qld redvee

Juniors
Would have liked to keep him for his versatility . Cant knock him for going to the storm . Lets hope in 2 1/2 years he gets homesick and returns .. Good luck and learn heaps from their system
But how did we not have him signed even on a basic salary

George Dragon

Juniors
Dragons Jersey Flegg Squad 2022

Clive Brett, Hayden Budd, Dallas Collins, Duke Grant, Callum Gromek, Zach Herring, Sam Hooper, Tui Ieremia, Aaron Johnson, Ben Johnson, Jordan Karakousis, Alexander Lobb, Bryce Magnone, Isaac Morris, Connor Muhleisen, Tom Phillips, Declan Purcell, Cooper Roberts, Tate Roberts, Mackenzie Roche, Harrison Rudd, Harley Sanchez, Leonard Skelton, Treigh Stewart, Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty, John Wesley Vunga, Braxton Wallace, William Webb, Riley Wooden, Taine Woodford, Jacob Young.
URL WEBSITE LINK (Source added): https://18thman.com/2021/10/22/2022-jersey-flegg-cup-squads/

Last edited by a moderator:

jak

Bench

Clive Brett, Hayden Budd, Dallas Collins, Duke Grant, Callum Gromek, Zach Herring, Sam Hooper, Tui Ieremia, Aaron Johnson, Ben Johnson, Jordan Karakousis, Alexander Lobb, Bryce Magnone, Isaac Morris, Connor Muhleisen, Tom Phillips, Declan Purcell, Cooper Roberts, Tate Roberts, Mackenzie Roche, Harrison Rudd, Harley Sanchez, Leonard Skelton, Treigh Stewart, Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty, John Wesley Vunga, Braxton Wallace, William Webb, Riley Wooden, Taine Woodford, Jacob Young.
URL WEBSITE LINK (Source added): https://18thman.com/2021/10/22/2022-jersey-flegg-cup-squads/
thanks for the info george

BLM01

First Grade

Gday GD, watch out for a surprise selection in the centres for this Sunday..sshhh

draco

Juniors
Thanks for posting George Dragon.

I was interested to see Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty on the list.

I watched him (on TV) playing for Illawarra Sports High against Hallam Senior College from Victoria back in 2019.

Their team included Max and Matt Feagai, Josh Coric, Jackson Shereb-Schmidt. Needless to say they won easily.

From my memory Phoenix (playing 13) was one of Illawarra's best. Reminded me of a young Cameron Murray.

I was hoping to see his name reappear one day, and I will be keeping an eye out for him in the future.

Another player from that game (Nelson Sharp) played well at full back. Very quick and a great goal kicker.

Thanks again George.

possm

Coach

I rate Treigh Stewart highly, he will make a great future NRL back for the Dragons

Last edited:
Is good we have a Dragons Flegg thread but why no Mathews Cup or Ball threads. As these are the pathway comps to the top level I reckon we need a thread on these two junior sides. I personally enjoy following the kids as they start their sporting journeys. I already do it with cricket.

Losses: Dantoray Lui (Parramatta Eels)

Was impressed with what footage I saw of this youngster. Not happy we have let him go.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Is good we have a Dragons Flegg thread but why no Mathews Cup or Ball threads. As these are the pathway comps to the top level I reckon we need a thread on these two junior sides. I personally enjoy following the kids as they start their sporting journeys. I already do it with cricket.
There a thread about 20 down If you followed them you should of seen it
Losses: Dantoray Lui (Parramatta Eels)

Was impressed with what footage I saw of this youngster. Not happy we have let him go.
Not a local was only with us a year I'm happy we kept our local boys

George Dragon

Juniors
NSW CUP Part Time Squad

Alexander Lobb, Dean Blore Ethan Clark-Wood, Max Batty, Mitch Francis, Sam McCann, Treigh Stewart, Bailey Antrobus, Bradley Deitz, Harris Georgopoulous, Jack Boyling, Jackson Shereb, Jaz Flavell, Josh Carr, Joshua Coric, Lucas Castle, Nathan Leatigaga, Tristan Alvarado.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Half time in KOE Cup round 1

Dragons 0 v Eels 12

jeffdragon

Bench
Eels 22-0.
The eels have more than half a dozen who have played 1st grade.
Fundamental errors and poor defence.
Shame most of our reserve boys couldn't play as our team would of her a lot stronger.
Sims average.
Burgess didnt see his first stint .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Final score

Dragons 6 v Eels 34

As mentioned by JeffDragon Eels had at least 10 players with NRL experience, we had possibly 3.
Lots of new faces and will take some time to gel. Next week will see a far different team with the NRL game at home.

jeffdragon

Bench
Lost 34-6.
Opacic 4 tries for eels.
Our right side Def no good.
Sims average just going through the motions
Burgess last 20 hard to tackle.
Didn't really threaten eels line.
1 try a individual effort.
Eels put 4 average kicks near our goal-lie we failed to show any urgency to stop resulting in eels getting ball back.
Kicked out on the full from kick off and out on the full from a drop out.
Blore hb was caught on last tackle 2 times.
Fundamentally we were a rabble.