What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury.....The great Myth of the new millenium.

DJ1 said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Let's see now.

Interesting stats for a team with a 28 year headstart.

You seem to have conveniently left out grand finals?

Better yet, how many since compulsory grand finals?

As a Rooster supporter, I'm sure your clubs proudest moment was being awarded the 1937 premiership after achieving 6 wins from 8 games and not playing a grand final?

1937 was a Kangaroo tour year and as it took them 5 weeks to get to Britain the season was shortened. There was also 8 games for Souths, Canterbury, Wests, Norths, Balmain, St George and University. Easts 1937 premiership has as much relevance as Canterbury's win in 2004.

DJ1

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
DJ1 said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Let's see now.

As a Rooster supporter, I'm sure your clubs proudest moment was being awarded the 1937 premiership after achieving 6 wins from 8 games and not playing a grand final?

1937 was a Kangaroo tour year and as it took them 5 weeks to get to Britain the season was shortened. There was also 8 games for Souths, Canterbury, Wests, Norths, Balmain, St George and University. Easts 1937 premiership has as much relevance as Canterbury's win in 2004.

lol! Yeah right! The Roosters 6 wins in 1937 are as relevant as the Dogs 22 wins in 2004!

I know that you are the only club who from 2002 to 2004 has had a club official on the NRL partnership committee board,

I wonder if you also had representation on the board of the ruling body in 1937?

It was the same for every club moron. The fact is the Roosters were the best side in the comp in 1937 and they would've won the comp that year whether it was 8, 14 or 22 games, it wouldn't have mattered. Why are Canterbury supporters so stupid?

nqboy

First Grade
But isn't it great to have King Chook back after his convenient absence in the wake of the GF loss? He provides such entertainment for everyone.

DJ1

Juniors
Claytons Cogburn. said:
DJ1 said:
Claytons Cogburn. said:
DJ1 said:
Claytons Cogburn. said:
Let's see now.

lol! Yeah right! The Roosters 6 wins in 1937 are as relevant as the Dogs 22 wins in 2004!

I know that you are the only club who from 2002 to 2004 has had a club official on the NRL partnership committee board,

I wonder if you also had representation on the board of the ruling body in 1937?

It was the same for every club moron. The fact is the Roosters were the best side in the comp in 1937 and they would've won the comp that year whether it was 8, 14 or 22 games, it wouldn't have mattered. Why are Canterbury supporters so stupid?

Would a good test for a true 1937 premier instead of a Claytons be the result in 1938 after a full home and away season and a finals series? lol

Grantwhy

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
nqboy said:
But isn't it great to have King Chook back after his convenient absence in the wake of the GF loss? He provides such entertainment for everyone.

Where's your Roosters avatar you little sh1t.

Are you referring to your post

Rooster Cogburn. said:
The Roosters are relentless over 80 minutes. A few of the Cowboy's slugs will have trouble keeping up. I can see Wing, Finch and co creating havoc. I reckon the Roosters could win this by 30.

to which nqboy replied

nqboy said:
I'd ask if you'd care to put your avatar on that, but you'd go MIA if I won.

then you posted

Rooster Cogburn. said:
I don't normally play these silly games but on this occasion I'll humour you.

a shame nqboy never took you up on that .....

but if you really, really believe it was an avatar bet, then where's your Cowboys avatar?

SOULS 04

Juniors
sounds like roosters would have had o win by 30 for the avatar to change

and yeh doesnt sound like nqboy agreed to anything

sucked in dumb ass seems you need to read things better

DJ1

Juniors
Roosters 7 wins from their last 30 games against the Dogs.

Clearly the dominant loser.

Zef

Juniors
Ferocious Dogs said:
They are our bitches.

See, that's not nice language and it's the sort of arrogant attitude that gives ALL Dog supporters a bad name.

NOBODY is ANYBODY's "bitch"!

They're our bunny's.

DJ1

Juniors
An interesting statistic regarding premiers.

In the entire history of the top grade since 1908,

The record for consecutive premiers which are all different teams is 6 years.

1999 Storm
2000 Broncos
2001 Knights
2002 Roosters*
2003 Panthers
2004 Bulldogs

You would have to think that it would be good for the game as a whole to have this record continue.