What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

captain - 2005?

captain 2005?

• hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oneill

• galea

• skandalis

• Total voters

Juniors
Its a hard one...for me its has to be either Galea or O'Neill. Both have had experience in the role and done a good job. I am favouring Galea because I think he could be a long-term captain while they is some talk it will be O'Neills last season. But I would be happy with either one. Sheens would know who is best and I think it might be O'Neill.

BJ

Juniors
i'm sure no doubt o'neil will play in most games but a fit and healthy galea will be a walk up starter..
his game excelled when he was given the captaincy a few years ago and i think it is time to look to the future.. a young captain that would lead from the front and show the way
it'd be a nice tribute to have o'neil captain the last year of his career but i think galea is more feasable..

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
O'Neill and Galea both deserve it, so does Skando and Hodgo played as captain in a few games this year (Warriors)

Galea - Middle age mature strong player who has unlimited commitment. However maybe he needs one more year before given that role

O'Neill - The most senior player out there next year. No need to say how much he loves the team so i would say he would get it, BUT maybe they will go for a wests captain

Hodgo - Was vice captain (captain while senter was off) against the Warriors and prehaps another time this year. He is one of the senior players out there and i would have no problem with him being captain. He is a wests boy so thats good.

Skando - Not the captain type, but the symbol of the Wests side of the merger. He may get it, but again, my rule of thum is that front rowers (although they are good) are in the wrong position to be the captain.

Captains of Wests Tigers:

2000: McKracken (Wests)
2001-2004: Senter (Balmain)
2005-? : Who will it be?

I think that a captain should be from the jurnior ranks: Hodgo (Wests), Skando (Wests) and O'Neill (Balmain) ..... Galea is from Parramatta

My captains:

1 - O'Neill - has earnt it and in his last year he deserves it
2 - Galea - Comitment to the club is important
3 - Hodgson - Worth captain
4 - Skando - Will and should get it one day, just not at the moment

Latest posts