What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

captain caylo sin binning

mickdo

Coach
Shayne Hayne has a hammy injury or something I think I heard. Those two peanuts reffing today were a joke. Split them up and put them with some refs who actually have half a clue (although there aren't many of them).

themacemaceman

Juniors
Just thought Id jump on the eels forum to get an opinion on the refs. Ive come to the conclusion that it wasnt just me with my one green eye and one red one. The refs were atrocious and some of the decisions were absolutely diabolical. Must I must say the poor decisions went both ways. The bunnies were there own worst enemies and I think the eels adapted better to the style of game the refs created with the penalties and skinny 10m.
Congrats to you eels. The hungrier team won on the day

Gentlemen, the problem starts at the top. Robert Finch has made the point to his referees, if the penalty count is getting out of control threaten a sin bin. However, yesterday both teams had problems with penalties. The result, a sin bin for each team. The referee team no doubt had a poor game. However, it's a reflection of the ludicrous direction they get from the referees training group including Mr Finch and Bill Harrigon.

Eels Fanatic

Juniors
Did the penalties keep coming after the sin binnings?

If not, the sin binning of these two players obviously worked. 20 odd penalties in a game is too many for my mind as the flow and ebb of the game can disappear.

Yeah there were some poor decisions both ways but to say the refs are all diabolical is diabolical in itself.

Daneel

Bench
The penalty the warning came on was for a high tackle that was around the shoulder, dead set dreadful performance from both refs, kudos to Cayless for making sure there was a square up (another high tackle penalty that wasn't high

Daren

Juniors
Lets see what refs we get this week, its just a luck of the draw at the moment, maybe Desie was right they need to go to opsm

The Engineers Room

First Grade
It was the right decision for the wrong reasons.

Cayless as captain should have been sin binned because he was warned next penalty and because it was different players everytime it is the captain that goes.

But that would mean that Champion shouldn't have been the one binned.

strider

Post Whore

Cayless as captain should have been sin binned because he was warned next penalty and because it was different players everytime it is the captain that goes.

when has that EVER happened? ... never that I have seen in an NRL game ... it is ALWAYS whoever commits the penalty that gets marched after the stupid warning is given

Eels Dude

Coach
when has that EVER happened? ... never that I have seen in an NRL game ... it is ALWAYS whoever commits the penalty that gets marched after the stupid warning is given

Agreed. Seems like TER just wants to make up his own rules.

EelsFan05

Bench
Agree...He talks a lot of sense, but gees he's an authority on EVERYTHING isn't he...

I hate Gould, not because of his opinions, but because whenever he is asked to formalise them at meetings he is the first to turn down the offer. When you are in his position you either want to make the game better or you don’t carry on over and over like he does. He should put some of his preaching into practice.

Oh yeah, the refs were woeful.

Ike E Bear

Juniors

That's almost logical ... the problem is the situation you're applying it to is farcial and completely defies commonsense..

It made no sense to bin Cayless. But based on that, it would have made more sense to bin Luke Stuart (I don't care if he was on the bench at the time ... he should have been made to pay dammit).

Then again Champion's tackle wasn't even high, so it shoudln't even have been a penalty.

So when Wesser caught Inu high ... Stuart should been binned at that point. Or better yet, Asotasi. Yeah.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

It's like getting escaped mental patients to serve as court judges. It's worse than the Chewbacca Defence.

Edit - It should also be remembered that it's the refs who actually determine the penalty count. A lot of the penalties blown yesterday were nit-picky at best. The two ding-bat refs should have sin-binned each other!!!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I can't believe Finch is still talking about "key indicators"!

Surely there is at least one media saavy person in the whole of the NRL organisation that could tell him that his insistence on using non-sensical jargon for an artifically-created and largely pointless system is simply making a bad situation worse.

He's living on a whole different planet.

Maybe fans should try contacting the sponsors to try to apply pressure on the NRL to act ... they certainly aren't willing to listen to the fans themselves.

STOP RUINING THE GAME WE LOVE!

eElz1

Juniors
NRL referees Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton stood down from weekend matches
April 20, 2010 NRL referees Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton have been stood down from this weekend's round of matches after inadvertently sin binning the wrong player last weekend.
Cummins and Sutton were held to account for a poor performance in Parramatta's 22-8 win over South Sydney on Sunday, which reached its lowest ebb when Eels skipper Nathan Cayless was sin binned following a string of penalties in the second half.

Replays showed that Daniel Mortimer and not Cayless had in fact committed the indiscretion when he stripped John Sutton of the ball.

"Referees will continue to crack down on teams that continually breach the rules but it is clearly unacceptable for the wrong player to be sent to the sin bin," said referees boss Robert Finch, who backed the continued use of the sin bin.

"Referees are accountable for their performances and between the two of them this error should not have occurred.

"It is now up to both Ben and Gerard to work their way back into the top grade, which I am sure they will do."

---------------------------
Im pretty sure that Cummins was on 99 first grade games too. though i could be mistaken.

wont let me post link but its on foxsports.com.

strider

Post Whore
I'm pretty shocked by the outcome - because Robert Finch was quoted as saying they got only 1 thing wrong, that was that caylo incorrectly got binned, it should have been morts

so what changed since then Finch? if it was only 1 mistake then why demote them?