What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Cranky Needed

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We have to think about the future - Graham can lose his cool and you don't want him biting a refs ear off at any stage.

Other options then?

McInnes: possibly inspirational from a defence perspective, but verbally? I’m not sure about that one.

Frizell: maybe a bit too timid on the vocal front (he would be my choice if Graham is unavailable).

Tariq S; this bloke is both articulate and passionate...can be a bit of a hothead...lack of captaincy experience is a drawback.

Of course, JDB would’ve been a leading contender if it weren’t for his well publicised problems.

Other options then?

McInnes: possibly inspirational from a defence perspective, but verbally? I’m not sure about that one.

Frizell: maybe a bit too timid on the vocal front (he would be my choice if Graham is unavailable).

Tariq S; this bloke is both articulate and passionate...can be a bit of a hothead...lack of captaincy experience is a drawback.

Of course, JDB would’ve been a leading contender if it weren’t for his well publicised problems.
I really like T.Sims.
I have followed his career ever since he was a young firebrand at the Cowboys.
He has matured into an awesome footballer and, even though he lacks experience as a captain, you watch him when the niggle starts.
Never loses his cool and dishes up plenty that he backs up with actions.
Intimidating back rower who makes life difficult for opposition kickers.
He is also not a grub. Very aggressive but intelligent as well.
Single handedly destroyed the Broncos in the semi last year. Sensed their back row was weak that day and ruthlessly exploited it.
I think he leads by example, is impressive when interviewed and commands respect from his team mates, opposition, the refs and the media.
Ticks all the boxes for mine.
Widdop is not being missed at all because he was a nothing captain anyway and McInnes is no where near club captain standard. Too young to be leading a top 4 NRL team.
Never thought JDB was ever a candidate.
Lost me when I read one of his interviews and now, not a chance.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I really like T.Sims.
He has matured into an awesome footballer and, even though he lacks experience as a captain, you watch him when the niggle starts.
Single handedly destroyed the Broncos in the semi last year. Sensed their back row was weak that day and ruthlessly exploited it.
I think he leads by example, is impressive when interviewed and commands respect from his team mates, opposition, the refs and the media.
Widdop is not being missed at all because he was a nothing captain anyway and McInnes is no where near club captain standard. Too young to be leading a top 4 NRL team.

You were going so well until your errant, predictable anti Widdop remark.

Glenn012

Juniors
I really like T.Sims.
I really like the aggression he brings. Even JDB is of course hard as nails but never came across as aggressive. Friz comes across as a gentleman assassin. Vaughan is neither here or there. Graham seems to have mellowed a little. Host and Lawrie are like JDB. Play hard but don't seem to like getting in the faces of the enemy.

Of course it wouldn't do us any good if the whole pack was as aggressive as Sims but a little more aggression would be good IMO.

I really like the aggression he brings. Even JDB is of course hard as nails but never came across as aggressive. Friz comes across as a gentleman assassin. Vaughan is neither here or there. Graham seems to have mellowed a little. Host and Lawrie are like JDB. Play hard but don't seem to like getting in the faces of the enemy.

Of course it wouldn't do us any good if the whole pack was as aggressive as Sims but a little more aggression would be good IMO.
The point is that he is aggressive but in an intelligent way. Doesn't get sucked in...