What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain for 2005?

Captain for 2005

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Prince

• Mark O'Neil

• Ben Galea

• John Skandalis

• Anthony Laffranchi

• John Wilson

• Total voters

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Its a tough one - I mean Club captain I think should be Mark O'niel where as on field captain on the other hand I would go to our future and that would be either name Galea or Hodgson as out captain

Prince I think still takes too many bad options for him to be a captain

Skandalis dosn't play enough game time to be made as captain it would mean having 2 captains per game playing

Laffranchi is too young and makes silly mistakes at times but he has the potential I think to be a captain

Wilson well thats would be the first time he name would be mentioned as captain

Buckets I wouldn't have a problem with but in saying that we need to focus on our future and he I think will only be with us for maybe another 1-2yrs

Galea well he has started to get back to his best form and has to be a big chance especially given that they want to use him as a Hooker - the problem with that is we all know Sheens likes 2 Hookers and would he also be interchanged with Robbie which would make the same problem as we have with Skando

Hodgson has lead all the way all year and deserves to be made a mention without him in the side we would be fighting for the spoon I have no doubt about that and he does lead by example week in week out!

Balmainia

Juniors
I have no problem with either o'neill or galea

o'neill doesn't like the limelight which is exactly why I'd give him the job

those who don't want the responsibility but clearly can do the job generally make better leaders.

I don't know anything about galea's personality but having this convo ages ago now based on that, after senter and o'neill he was everyone's main choice

tiger8989

Juniors
BEN GALEA....HANDS DOWN SHOULD BE CAPTAIN NEXT YEAR.

THE TALK OF HIM AT HOOKER NEXT YEAR IS LUDICRUS..HIS RUNNING AND PASSING GAME IS AWESOME AND HE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ONLY FOR LOCK AND SECOND ROW.
IM SURE HE COULD PLAY THE FULL 80 MINS IF GIVEN THE JOB.

GIVING O'NIELL THE CAPTAINCY COULD BE RISKY, AS HE MIGHT STRUGGLE TO HOLD DOWN A FIRST GRADE SPOT WITH HARRISON,HEIGHINGTON,FULTON AND HALATUA ALL POTENTIAL STARTERSNEXT YEAR.

SHEENS SHOULD UPGRADE GALEA'S CONTRACT AND KEEP HIM FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS ... CAPTAIN ALL THE WAY.

Stellar

Juniors
O'Neill because of his experience and would lead by example and work with the youngsters. Galea would not be a bad choice at all. I remember he captained the team in 2002 didn't he. Galea is our long-term Captain option.

BJ

Juniors
i voted for galea.. but galea or hodgson will do fine..
hodgson has plays every minute of every game.. and even plays himself sick.. leadership, a bit of inspiration..
he's once or twice gone up to speak to the ref with alot of respect i must add when the regular captain has been off the field..

Eddie.

Bench
Hodgo is already an inspiration, we need Galea to be one as well, the captaincy will do that. He MUST be captain.

skandofan

Juniors
Famous1 said:
Brett Hodgson for mine...

no doubting hodg as a quality player..
'
but i think he seems to quiet to be a captain... i know that sometimes can be good

but he just doesnt seem to exert positive energy, despite his great skills

Gobbso

Juniors
Galea for mine. Was thrown the Captaincy during that horrible 2001 Season by Baa....and proved to be inspirational, especially for his age. He gained instant respect that players still have for him now. He's head and shoulders above the rest i believe.

Slappy

Juniors
Let Hodgson concentrate on being the tigers super-reliable fullback(and best player)

Galea should be captain, he'd thrive on the captaincy!!!

HOT028

Juniors
I thought senter was given this year for all of his loyalty, but it has been one of his better years in my opion, i thought i read the tigers were talking about to him about life after footy for next year