What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain for Remainder of the Season?

Buggee

Juniors
Another big loss. Roy is out for 4 months, his best case scenario being back one game before the finals. So who should take over?

The best option in my opinion would be Crocker. He is a talker, a leader and is always doing the dirty work. Although, i have a feeling that its going to go to Sutton, which i think will put more un-needed pressure on him, considering he cant play consistently.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
it will be sutton. i'd put money on it. he and merrit are our most capped players... and johnny has had the VC title in the passed

CCJames

Juniors
it will be sutton. i'd put money on it. he and merrit are our most capped players... and johnny has had the VC title in the passed

Yeah he has the VC tag (who knows why), but whenever roy has been out in the past he has not been given the C... For souths sake it has to be crocker... sutton does not need the extra pressure of captain, he battles to play consistently.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Yeah he has the VC tag (who knows why), but whenever roy has been out in the past he has not been given the C... For souths sake it has to be crocker... sutton does not need the extra pressure of captain, he battles to play consistently.

i agree...but it will be sutton

Zigwaa

Bench
Give it to Crocker. Sutton can't rev himself up to play well, how is he going to do it for the rest of the team?

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Give it to Sutton, might make him step up a bit. He had a lot better game on Friday, but still some errors. hopefully he gets back to his form he showed when he got into the origin squad 2 years ago. :D

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Give it to Sutton, might make him step up a bit. He had a lot better game on Friday, but still some errors. hopefully he gets back to his form he showed when he got into the origin squad 2 years ago. :D

Origin squad? City? hardly counts as origin, though he was in good form then. I dont think Sutton should have it and its unnecessary pressure for the guy. Wasnt too keen on voicing who i thought, but i think Crocker seems a good choice. Lets hope John (Lang this time) doesnt get any funny ideas.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Give it to Crocker. Sutton can't rev himself up to play well, how is he going to do it for the rest of the team?

jerkface, i believe if he may try using raw fish and hand signals to get the team revved up..

2mysyo6.jpg

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Who is going to ban this boring cuarnt?

What is the point of coming here to discuss anything without this turd posting this kind of crap in each and every thread.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
if you don't like reading my posts, put me on ignore..

it's very simple ziggy...

stop sooking to the moderators every time someone, somewhere posts something you don't like..

MattJ

Juniors
This might seem a little left field, but i for one would be stoked to see Nathan Merrit with the "C" next to his name for a game or 2.

Zigwaa

Bench
This might seem a little left field, but i for one would be stoked to see Nathan Merrit with the "C" next to his name for a game or 2.

I could support that. However you want someone in the middle of the park as Captain. Can't recall too many Wingers who were captain.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Depends if they put Merritt at Fullback again, then i wouldn't. be so opposed to it. Wing is not the best place to have your captain.

thomas10do

Juniors
Interestingly, I had this discussion with a mate two weeks ago. Anybody realize that even though roy does the press conferences with lang, 80% of the time after a tv game its crocker that has been interviewed? its ALWAYS him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Depends if they put Merritt at Fullback again, then i wouldn't. be so opposed to it. Wing is not the best place to have your captain.

hmmm... i can think of one worse place to captain the side from..

isn't that right, kurt..

470227-kurt-gidley.jpg

Latest posts