What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carmichael Hunt and Origin

Macca

Coach
What does it matter?

Why can't he do both? Tests for NZ and Origin for Qld. Adrian Lam played for Qld and PNG. There is a heap of NRL players that played in the World cup for other nations that have also played origin.

The state of origin is supposed to be our ALL STAR game isn't it? Why can't the kiwi players be selected for the state in which they start playing there senior footy?

The Warriors players would be a problem. They'd have to be split up somehow.

What about guys that are born in Melbourne and play their first senior footy for the Storm, who are they eligible for?

If we are going to expand our game, maybe we should revise the selection process for Origin.

Anonymous

Juniors
What outrages me most is that he was actually going to get picked! That would've made the team even worse, bad beyond comprehension. Anderson and co. have lost the plot.

FLO

Juniors
When will the kiwis stand on thier own two feet and offer thier players a decent competition?
Not only do they rely on Australia and England to develope thier players from juniors right through to nrl, they now want to change Origin rules to favour them.
The kiwis should be concentrating on island of origin or sheep farm of origin. They need to do something about the lack of pride kiwis have for thier country.

Macca

Coach
I am not a kiwi, I just think that kiwi's should be available for selection in origin if it is warranted. Why can Adriam Lam do it and others not?

Moggles

Juniors
I think they have to clear it up a bit.
NZ are losing too many players to Australia just beacuse they would rather play SOO.

t-ba

Post Whore
WTF is it with fans of John Ribots old side and Removing the Kiwi's from the NRL. It's an accepted fact in Australian sports administration that a New Zealand team in a common element in domestic sports competitions. Build a f*cking bridge and get over it.

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't think players born and bred outside of NSW and QLD should play origin. A player like Karmicheal Hunt is the exception to the rule. imho, the old adage of origin, you are affixed to the state where you played your first match of footy @ the of 16 should be held. Thus, a Player like Jake Webster unfortunately could only play in emerging states competitions and possibly for Australia.

Moggles

Juniors
They should keep the rules for origin, except for the part where it says that if you play SOO you can only play for Australia.
This way NZ can have the players they deserve and we can have a more competitive international scene which the game deserves.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Not only do they rely on Australia and England to develope thier players from juniors right through to nrl, they now want to change Origin rules to favour them.

Hahaha. I think you will find more Australians want that rule changed rather than Kiwis.

Meth

Staff member
I say that if Hunt would rather play for Australia, they're welcome to him. I'd rather have a player that wants to wear the black and white...

Flo, you're a dickhead.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The reason why Lam was able to play orgin an represent QLD was due to the anomaly that happened in the superleague war. It never should have happened and I believe that if you play origin u should play for Australia.

Toni Carrol has been allowed to do it where he played for qld, then declared his allegiance to NZ, now he's back for QLD. should not happen

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
FLO said:
When will the kiwis stand on thier own two feet and offer thier players a decent competition?
When are you going to get a brain? NZ has a population of 4 million and is dominated by Rugby Union. There isn't a sufficient population/supporter base to sustain a professional competition. If the Warriors weren't in the NRL League would be all but dead in NZ as the players would either be poached by union ofr would play overseas.
FLO said:
Whatever. Name ONE player developed by England for NZ. The overwhelming majority of NZ rep players learn the game and play junior footy in NZ and are then picked up by Australian or British clubs. NZ gives more to Australia in terms of playing talent than the other way around.
FLO said:
The kiwis should be concentrating on island of origin or sheep farm of origin. They need to do something about the lack of pride kiwis have for thier country.
Again you show that you know sweet FA about NZ. 90% of NZs League talent comes out of Auckland, so an origin series in NZ would be impractical. There would be no way of splitting the talent to form two sides.
Lack of pride in their country? WTF? A couple of player with genuine allegiances to both Qld and NZ have been forced to choose between the two. There should be no choice, they should be elegible one way or the other.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Why do they get a choice?
they shouldnt, they are either australian and are eligable for SOO or they are not, its quite simple, so long as they have a choice the NZ team will contunually be plagued by Karmicheal Hunts

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Why do they get a choice?
they shouldnt, they are either australian and are eligable for SOO or they are not, its quite simple, so long as they have a choice the NZ team will contunually be plagued by Karmicheal Hunts

Here here. But the likes of Gus Gould and Wayne Bennett get in a young kids ear and tell them how good Origin is. Gus Gould then goes on about how other countries are poor and international rugby league is a joke - newsflash to Gus Gould, stop trying to rort other countries players then! Why is it 95% of what you say is hypocritical and changes like the weather to suit yourself.

F*** me, I'd give my right leg to represent my country. I'd rather neck myself than give up an opportunity to play for New Zealand. Unfortunately, I'll never receive that honour. Which is exactly what it is, an amazing honour. Karmichael should think, when he was 10, who did he want to play for? Before the thoughts of money and fame, who did he want to play for?

I wouldn't WANT to play State of Origin. Yeah it looks choice on the box, no doubt, but thats not me. I live in Sydney, but I'm NOT a New South Welshmen. I'm a K1w1 from the land of the long white cloud I come from the day I was born till the day I die I'm a K1W1. Sad but true.

McSharkie, I admire your honesty in seeing the travesty these sorts of situations create for international rugby league. Cudos to you, thats tops.

Latest posts