What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carney and zillman in roos invitational XIII

Raider Azz

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

Todd Carney is up there with the likes of Finch in the pathetic stakes.

You Raiders hyped him up so much and he's been an absolute FLOP. He's got nothing, I really hope he's your halfback.
yeah, he's so hopeless that he got selected for the junior kangaroos, you f**king dimwit.

..With Carney & Zillman both laying on or scoring tries in that losing side, hence their selection in this side.

look elsewhere to place your blame amatuer.

thickos

First Grade
Wow Zillman really is a star on the rise, very very quickly as well!

The logical money would have seen K.Hunt as fullback in this team, especially with Bennett ruling the roost in the ARL side... the kid is special and I'll tip him to play 7-10 FG games this season.

For those who haven't seen him, he's very McLinden-esque in his style of play, gets a roaming commission from fullback but his long term position will be five-eighth. Good ball runner.

Raider_69

Post Whore
raidz3r said:
What are Zillman's major assets in his game?..For those who have seen him play quite abit.

running game from what ive seen, he is very much Mark McLinden, Preston Campbell, Benji Marshall style 5/8th, has decent enough passing and kicking games to get by but he is quick, agile and can spot a gap very well...

half

Coach
Bobby DIGital said:
..With Carney & Zillman both laying on or scoring tries in that losing side, hence their selection in this side.

look elsewhere to place your blame amatuer.
i was at the game ffs. they both played awful

Kris_man

Bench
This from the Rugby League 2 forum, of all places:
Todd Carney is an excellent player. He was in the Junior Kangaroos that came up to Darwin and he played awesome even though they lost to Papua New Guinea. If he was in the game, his kicking stats would have to be pretty high because of the magic kick that he pulled off to send Australia in for the first try. Hopefully he is in the game.

New Zealand A - 38
Australian A -16

No match reports have come through, so I have no idea how Zillman and Carney went.

Kris_man

Bench
Kiwis upset Aussie Invitational XIII
Date: 15/10/05
By Adrian Proszenko

All eyes were on big-name halves Scott Prince and Trent Barrett in the Tri Nations curtain raiser, but unheralded half Jeremy Smith was the standout in New Zealand A's surprise 40-16 win over the Kangaroo Invitational XIII at Telstra Stadium.

Smith, who guided Parramatta's Premier League side to grand final success against the Sydney Roosters from five-eighth, was just as effective from halfback, scoring a try and setting up several others.

Clive Churchill medalist Prince and Dragons captain Barrett had few opportunities to push their Test claims after the visitors dominated possession and field possession.

The match, which was reduced to 35-minute halves, was an opportunity for fringe Test candidates to impress national coaches Wayne Bennett and Brian McClennan, with Bulldogs pair Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley and Dragons centre Matt Cooper the Australian players most likely to press for the main team.

Both Mason and Cooper crossed for tries in a well-beaten side, but the high-profile Australians were otherwise well-handled by the Kiwi defence.

Cronulla winger Luke Covell, who was selected for Country Origin this year, got the visitors on the board first with a try in the left-hand corner in just the fifth minute. The score remained 4-0 after Parramatta junior Kris Inu missed with the conversion.

The Kiwis went further in front after Newcastle flyer George Carmont accepted a beautiful pass from Smith to stroll over for a try in the 14th minute. Covell's conversion extended the lead to 10-0.

Smith was involved in the next two tries, scoring one in the 19th minute after some clever lead-up work from North Sydney hooker Billy Ngawini, before putting hard-running Penrith backrower Tony Puletua through for a try five minutes later with a brilliant inside ball. Covell's conversions gave New Zealand an imposing 22-0 lead.

The Australians finally got onto the scoreboard just before halftime, with controversial Test omission Matt Cooper's converted try narrowing the gap to 16 points at the main break.

But the game was all but over when Carmont grabbed his second in the 44th minute. Both teams traded tries in the second half, the best a barnstorming effort by Tigers youngster Bronson Harrison right on the fulltime buzzer, with New Zealand never seriously threatened.

http://seven.com.au/news/sport/113848
Seems they got thrashed. I conclude from this that Barrett and Prince are sh*t halves.

paulquinn49

Bench
Mark I really wouldnt say he was awesome in all honesty. He was more solid. The wings/centres were pretty woeful for Australia. Koopu also made Covell look good.

The only kick from the sideline wasnt taken by Covell, was taken by Kris Inu. Mark if that tells me anything, it tells me he didnt have the guts to attempt the shot.