What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney Arrives In Newcastle

Bicey_18

Bench
On the Ch9 news, it had a decent segment on Brian Carney arriving in Newcastle, showing him in Knights colours, although his face was a lil banged up with Brian suffering a bike accident a lil while back. He is excited to be here and looks forward to play along guys like Bedsy, Joey and .... M Gidley. Also talks bout his former team mates he will be reuniting with eg Smith and Davico, also showed Matty Johns there helping out the boys at training. Carney is one funny guy lol ...when asked wat happened to his face... he replied. "oh had a lil slip on the bike, not much of a first impression i must say (his face)"

Also went on to say that he will be giving it his all while being here...

" at the end of the day, it doesnt matter how long you play for a team, im going to give this club my very best and im really looking forward to it"

Hages added " he is a great finisher and loves to scoot from dummy half alot so he will be huge for us next year"

Carney shown meeting the players eg Salkeld, sharing jokes with Davico (what a shocker... Davico and Carney no doubt the two biggest clowns in our team) and chattin 2 Smitty

He was spared training 2day but will commence very shortly.

Jono078

Referee
Awsome news. Cant wait to see what he can add to our team. Been awhile since we had a class winger (Forget 2004 Tahu only played 8 games).

Thaiday, Carney, Tighe... Thats 3 trys a game right there :).

Nuke

Staff member
Jono078 said:
Thaiday, Carney, Tighe... Thats 3 trys a game right there :).
And with Joey there, that's another 3-4 goals on top of that. Using our theory, the Knights should score a minimum of 18-20 points a game in 2006!

Alex28

Coach
Now thats funny :)

Looks like we have two players that can't fight yet seems to like a punch on in the team now...

MrCharisma

Bench
Is there anyway of stalking/meeting Brian Carney?

Do the Knights still do open training sessions or did I just walk in on one this year?

Lowey3

Juniors
Great another poor signing from the ESL is set to light up the NRL! * rolls eyes*

They struggle in a superior comp ( super league ) yet they rip up the NRL.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Lowey, you are wrong on this one.

Carney will struggle behind this team. Prince will bomb a few his way, and will shatter the Carney image once and for all.

Bicey_18

Bench
balmainbenny said:

Carney will struggle behind this team. Prince will bomb a few his way, and will shatter the Carney image once and for all.

lol shatter the carney image? When he shrugs away from lil Fitzhenry down the sideline.......... then goes one on one with Hodgson, no contest, Carney would swat the lil fly away with ease!

Struggle behind this team aye? Dont get too confident now benny........ You won a comp, whoopdidoo, so did we, doesnt mean anything the next year, you have to earn it again.. and with 14 teams gunning for you, i doubt the tiggers will go close of going back 2 back, Knights at full strength would give you guys a towellling :)

balmainbenny said:

Prince will bomb a few his way, and will shatter the Carney image once and for all.

NAY Mate ......Prince will become a PAUPER :lol: :lol:

Lowey3

Juniors
I dont think you got my point!!!

Carney is rubbish!! i mean absolutely rubbish!!

So poor infact that Wigan fans hated him.

He struggled in our comp but it would'nt surprise me if he ripped your poor comp up!

Scott Prince - lol - makes Iestyn Harris look like an international star!

Bicey_18

Bench
Rubbish? First of all its pretty sad and pathetic for fans to absolutley hate someone because of poor performances.... says a lot bout your club

2nd of all... Carney aint rubbish, he is a proven international and the fact your whinging about Carney kinda makes me believe your peeved he is going

Bicey_18

Bench
lol poor comp? Thats why soooo many of ur talents wanna come over here and TEST themselves... players who have already come over here from pommyland have stated... "we want to TEST ourselves" .... ESL has absolutley nothing on NRL.. never has,never will

Latest posts