What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAS TIGERS 2004 SQUAD

dazza1976

Juniors
Castleford Tigers

1 TOM (the weasel) SAXTON
2 WAINE (flash) PRYCE
3 PAUL (past it) NEWLOVE
4 PAUL (here on holiday) MELLOR
5 DARREN (big ern) ROGERS
6 SEAN RUDDER
7 RYAN SHERIDAN..... place kicker
8 CRAIG GREENHILL
9 JONNY HEPWORTH possible goalkicker??????
10 ANDY LYNCH
11 SEAN RYAN
12 MICHAEL SMITH
13 RYAN (better than farrell) HUDSON... captain and possible goalkicker??

14 DAMIAN GIBSON (FULLBACK OR CENTRE)
15 WAYNE (wagga) GODWIN (HOOKER)
16 NATHAN (cheesy) SYKES (PROP)
17 LEE (hatchet) HARLAND (2ND ROW)

18 JAMIE THACKRAY (PROP)
19 RYAN CLAYTON (NO IDEA)
20 CRAIG (gunna be a good un) HUBY (PROP)
21 FRANCIS (frank) MALONEY (CENTRE)
22 PAUL JACKSON (PROP)
23 BLAKEWAY (2ND ROW)
24 WRAY (NO IDEA)
25 THALER (NO IDEA)
26 BYRON SMITH (PROP) NEEDS TO BE MADE UP
27 SAMPSON (OFFICALLY RETIRED PROP BUT HE SAID THAT LAST YEAR TOO SO KEEP IN THE SQUAD HAS HE LIKES A BIT OF BIFF)

PLAYERS THAT NEED DELETING FROM TEAM ARE
ORR (PIES... THATS WIGAN TO YOU AUSSIES)
LENNON (MANLY)
EAGER (HULL)
MCNALLY (LONDON BRONCOS)
BARTRIM (NO CLUB YET)
JOHNSON (SALFORD REDS)
FRITZ (RETIRED)
HEALEY (RETIRED)

AdamH

Juniors
dazza1976 said:
Castleford Tigers

1 TOM (the weasel) SAXTON
2 WAINE (flash) PRYCE
3 PAUL (past it) NEWLOVE
4 PAUL (here on holiday) MELLOR
5 DARREN (big ern) ROGERS
6 SEAN RUDDER
7 RYAN SHERIDAN..... place kicker
8 CRAIG GREENHILL
9 JONNY HEPWORTH possible goalkicker??????
10 ANDY LYNCH
11 SEAN RYAN
12 MICHAEL SMITH
13 RYAN (better than farrell) HUDSON... captain and possible goalkicker??

Hey Dazza, that squad looks okay (except for Rudder). I never knew Sheridan, Greenhill and Ryan had signed. What do you reckon their chances are next year?

Jiffy

Juniors
it looks quite a big side with a good pack. Plenty of experienced players in the squad although it is quite an old squad compared to most in SL, I dont think thats necessarily a problem providing the players are still good enough.

A lot depends on how the Sheridan-Rudder partnership goes.

Should be a hard team to beat.

dazza1976

Juniors
Hey Dazza, that squad looks okay (except for Rudder). I never knew Sheridan, Greenhill and Ryan had signed. What do you reckon their chances are next year?

Looks good on paper Adam and im quietly confident we should go ok although the losss of Bartrim and orr will had it us hard i think. no recognised goalkicker in the squad unless Craig Huby gets a good run in the team but he might not be quite ready for a regular place yet as we have a stack of props fighting for the two spots.
Like Jiffy said there is a few old faces but thats not always a bad thing providing they can stay fit.
This is the 1st time in a while we have had some genuine strengh in depth particualrly in the forwards and there is some real genuine talent emerging like Saxton Huby and the best of all young Wayne godwin... so my prediction for this season my heart says champions but my head (bit more realistic) says we will make the top 5 and a good run in the challenge cup.
So whats the score on Sean Rudder have we signed a dud?

AdamH

Juniors
The loss of Orr is a real shame. On Rudder, he wasn't any good for Newcastle but he may surprise. Although, maybe I'm a bad judge because he was always starting 5/8 for the Knights. Good luck next year