What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casey aims to lengthen Sydney stay

mrpwnd

Bench
ben roberts can continue rotting in nsw cup if maguire keeps playing like he is.

why is there an assumption roberts is first dibs for the 6 next season? he's a reserve grader atm ffs.
Roberts is a talent and I rate him higher than KK...Don't know why he's in reserve atm I've seen more from him than I have in KK.

If Parra lose Mitchell and MK continues to be inconsistent I wouldn't mind Maguire at 9 and Roberts at 6, lots of creativity in the spine.

Eels Dude

Coach
ben roberts can continue rotting in nsw cup if maguire keeps playing like he is.

why is there an assumption roberts is first dibs for the 6 next season? he's a reserve grader atm ffs.

Maybe because unlike Casey has actually has a contract with us for next year.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Maybe because unlike Casey has actually has a contract with us for next year.

regardless of casey, yes should have contexted that better......

roberts is far from an automatic selection for 1sts imo. he's not a saviour, i'm not a mortimer fan but i'd like to think that mortimer will gain some confidence back by the end of the year and one of maguire, humble etc will resign.

all of those should be priorities before relying on ben roberts

Parraletic

Juniors
I'd keep him as a Hooker. There's also A. Mitchell who looks good in attack but not in defence. Still only young though. What to do?

Parra Guru

Coach
My preference to keep in this order:

Mitchell (I think this kid is the future)
McGuire

Keating

daylight

Mortimer

Such a pity the top 2 are the only ones off contract.

forward pass

Coach
i'm not a mortimer fan but i'd like to think that mortimer will gain some confidence back by the end of the year and one of maguire, humble etc will resign.

What the hell has confidence got to do with Morts performance? All this crap about how he has lost his confidence is masking the fact that he simply does not have the skills or talent for first grade. Nothing to do with confidence.

bartman

Immortal
I would have him as our 6. He's our best half, and who knows how Roberts is going to go.
Agree.

We need to re-sign one of Robson or Maguire imo. Irrespective of what happens to Humble this/next year or Mitchell (who I think will head to the Cowboys). I'm not counting Morts in my top 17 for next season, I'd be surprised if he makes the cut tbh.

Stagger eel

Staff member
with robo now all but gone i would say that it may open a door or 2 for either Humble, Mitch and Casey..at this stage i see Mitch leaving the club with the other 2 being a chance of staying.

just on Morts, it takes a brave person to completely write off a 22 year old player who's played 49 NRL games in his career to date, I'd like to see what the coaching staff can do with him in an off season after a full season overseeing his performance, he may well be a lost cause but I'd be just interested to see where this new phase in this career takes him under this guidence.

I'll put it another way, if Kearney calls Morts into his office today and tells him that his free to negotiate with other clubs than I dare say that the coaching staff have failed him. i think he's now seen as a project.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
with robo now all but gone i would say that it may open a door or 2 for either Humble, Mitch and Casey..at this stage i see Mitch leaving the club with the other 2 being a chance of staying.

just on Morts, it takes a brave person to completely write off a 22 year old player who's played 49 NRL games in his career to date, I'd like to see what the coaching staff can do with him in an off season after a full season overseeing his performance, he may well be a lost cause but I'd be just interested to see where this new phase in this career takes him under this guidence.

I'll put it another way, if Kearney calls Morts into his office today and tells him that his free to negotiate with other clubs than I dare say that the coaching staff have failed him. i think he's now seen as a project.
A very expensive project and about as successful as the pink bats installation scheme.

Noise

Coach

Or perhaps after being given so many chances with so many inept performances over the last 2 years he has failed the coaching staff

yy_cheng

Coach
If I was Mortz, I would personally hire someone for 1 on 1 lessons 2-3 times a week. If Parra pays for it fine. If not I would pay for it myself.

I would choose someone like Terry Lamb or someone who plays the same style of footy that he wants to play

IFR33K

Coach

I personally would rather see Mitch and humble retained. Casey has one more year tops, and at this stage I don't think we can come close to winning the comp with him. The other two have plenty of potential, and will be pushing for positions and keeping plenty of players on their toes.

bartman

Immortal
If I was Mortz, I would personally hire someone for 1 on 1 lessons 2-3 times a week. If Parra pays for it fine. If not I would pay for it myself.

I would choose someone like Terry Lamb or someone who plays the same style of footy that he wants to play
I think Parramatta did pay for it, and that was Andrew Johns' previous role with the club?

If you have the best halfback of the last 15 years giving gyou tips and you still can't make an impact, then it's probably a good sign Morts' future is not in the #6 or #7 jersey. Why SK is quoted as saying he won't consider a change of positions for Morts is beyond me.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Morts is hopeless. Changing positions isn't going to change anything. He's hopeless anywhere. Best to just forget about him. I doubt he will play for parra again.

Morts is hopeless. Changing positions isn't going to change anything. He's hopeless anywhere. Best to just forget about him. I doubt he will play for parra again.

Hopeless is harsh, he is just shit. Seriously he just doesn't have the skill vision for the position that he has to play. And he's not that quick.

Latest posts