What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casey Maguire at hooker

sooty

Juniors
Heard on the grapevine we are chasing Casey maguiure for the hooker role next year. Tough and experienced would be a good addition in my opinion. Currently playing for catalan in the super league.

strider

Post Whore
when did parra turn into a vineyard? .... we have alot of grape vines :lol:

boxhead

First Grade
Has he put some weight on?

He is 92 kilograms, 6 foot tall.

Personally, do we need another old head? He would be good, but wouldn't we want to stick with the young combo of Mortimer and Mitchell, unless the Eels want him to come cheap and play a coaching role, much like Orford or Kimmoreley would have done for our halves.

Bazal

Post Whore
At least this old head isn't past it...granted, the ESL is a different game, but Casey is still a pretty good player. I'd be happy to have him at halfback, let alone hooker.

boxhead

First Grade
At least this old head isn't past it...granted, the ESL is a different game, but Casey is still a pretty good player. I'd be happy to have him at halfback, let alone hooker.

I agree, he would be much better than someone like Matt Orford (and I mean that with respect to Orford, I think Maguire would be a better fit for us).

btaag

Juniors
Saw the title of the thread and thought it was a joke - in my mind, Casey is 40! however, he was with us as a very young kid and did leave for the UK quite young.

Any experienced player is fine, so long as there is fuel in the tank and they are not signed for overs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are turning into the new Souths :( Even though McGuire is still probably then we already have.

Bazal

Post Whore
Don't understand the problem tbh...Unlike other old fellas we've been chasing (and 30 isn't THAT old), Casey is still playing consistently good footy. He can cover 5 positions (hooker, five-eighth, lock, halfback and centre) and is a skillful, smart player. He'd be a fantastic signing for a year or two, and a potential captain as well. Oh, he's also an international :p

spiderdan

Bench
i remember seeing him partner pj in the halves for us in the reserve gradegrand final in 98. i thought he was going to be a superstar but unfortunately he only played two games in top grade for us before going to the broncos where he earned a qld jumper.

Pazza

First Grade
We are turning into the new Souths :( Even though McGuire is still probably then we already have.

no, souths pay a complete motza for over the hill players. atleast we get ours on the cheap!

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I wonder if we will sign Stu Kelly

What about Martin Seal, Keith Blackett and Garen Casey?

Maybe we could lure Chris Thorman, Jeremy Smith or Michael Witt back.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I wonder if we will sign Stu Kelly

What about Martin Seal, Keith Blackett and Garen Casey?

Maybe we could lure Chris Thorman, Jeremy Smith or Michael Witt back.

We may as well go down to Hay's Pie In The Sky for recruitment. Lets hope Daniel Anderson, Rod Reddy, Paul Osborne and board members have got the last week Feb 2011 firmly locked in to their diaries. While there, please do check up on Para Pete to be sure he is ok. Apparently TheParraBoy has put out a Parra Pete suicide alert because the Eels deal with Quade Cooper might have fallen through.

Latest posts