What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The NRL coach should have 0 sway as to who holds that position, just like whoever is in MON's role should have 0 sway in who the head coach is. Sure they can state who they want or may be good but ultimately that decision is up to the CEO

Agree to disagree

I think it would be difficult for a coach to manage his squad with no say over recruitment/contracts.

MON may think he did well by extending Guth, Mitch and Dylbro. If I was the coach I would put a limit on their contract amount as it decreases my ability to sign other players not to mention these f**king POs. MON got bent over by the player agents and just caved and paid what they wanted and beat his chest about resigning them.

That's the bit I disagree with. It's not just extending them but putting a limit on their amounts in order to sign some depth, which we are seriously lacking at the moment. Our depth is shit, in my opinion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably the key to improving next year is actually fleshing out the top 30 with guys who might actually fill a role!

Please no more BA moneyball specials - the turd polishing has been poor (at best). Let's focus on talent please.

Actually having 30 to choose from could be amazing.
I'm scared by the Tago re-signing, but if he is player 30, I am maybe OK with that
But if was player 31 it would be so much better? God help us if he is player 29!!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Agree to disagree

I think it would be difficult for a coach to manage his squad with no say over recruitment/contracts.

This is not what I said. I'll reiterate. The NRL coach should have no sway over who is the HOF. That decision should be left to the higher ups, the CEO.

On what you've said I think the coach should have all the say over who is recruited and retained with the HOF doing the donkey work to make sure that happens. Whether that happens at our club or any other is another situation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am genuinely curious as to what your arguments might be should he (a) be cut before 2025 or (b) not be in an NRL top30 for 2026...
If he's good enough for the top 30 now, at age 22, why wouldn't he be good enough at age 23 or 24?
What are the attributes that you see in him that make him a legitimate NRL player?
Well firstly I think he is backup quality, not a 'legitimate NRL player'. He may never be a genuine NRL player. But as for why he is a full time rugby league player, his performances in reserve grade have always been very good. That's the sign of a quality NRL backup.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sure they can state who they want or may be good but ultimately that decision is up to the CEO

That probably should be the case however its been reasonably clear that there is a heavy lack of football knowledge within the management level in McElduff and Sarantinos and they have relied heavily on the HOF to help/direct them. You could probably argue that the HOF is almost out of his depth as well and management aren't knowledgeable enough to understand that. As much as the coaching issues have been a factor, the lack of direction/leadership is probably more telling at the moment and still raises concerns going ahead with a new coach.

hindy111

Post Whore
why would we do that as we are not ?

do you think the constant whinging helps us improve ?

some of you guys must be a real hoot to live with, I imagine the highlight of your week is waiting for the Eels to lose their next game so you can post more

funny how quiet you are when we win

I reckon most of us are just as vocal when win or lose. It's just the seasons dead and the thread has faded. And Gronk bought it up cause he was trolling I assume and a few fell for it.
When we are going well more people post.

hindy111

Post Whore
The "arguments" you refer to is me pushing back on the monotonous RWNJ dribble and then you guys being offended that somebody has the gall to call you out.

Even this post will open the flood gates of sarcasm / nastiness.

Over to you I guess. Flame away.

Nut job cause someone votes right? Weird view
I actually voted Albo. BTW.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moretti is also garbage. It's why he is still on the development list at 24. Would we magically improve if he was top 30 instead? Everyone outside the top 20 or so players are park footballers. It doesn't matter if they are top 30 or not. Being the 30th or 31st highest paid player in the club makes f**k all difference.

Not garbage . Average

oldmancraigy

Coach
If he's good enough for the top 30 now, at age 22, why wouldn't he be good enough at age 23 or 24?

Well firstly I think he is backup quality, not a 'legitimate NRL player'. He may never be a genuine NRL player. But as for why he is a full time rugby league player, his performances in reserve grade have always been very good. That's the sign of a quality NRL backup.

What aspects of his game make him a top 30 guy?

As for the first part of your question. Go away with your circular logic and talk to yourself. It's stupidty. Sorry.