What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cash Injection?

silverfox

Juniors
talking to some contacts at wests ashfield and they got their dividend from Narellen Properties. I think Newtown still had a share - or they did at the last AGM.

Does this mean we have some $$$ to spend - a million perhaps! hope so!

brendothejet

First Grade
i heard a rumour that the money has been received, spent and they are trying to keep hush about it so they can continue to cry poor...

silverfox

Juniors
how do you spend a million $$ in that period of time. Surely it is the responsibility of the directors to invest the money to ensure the future of the club??

Guess I will have to wait for the AGM? I havent received notification of it being on yet?

silverfox

Juniors
the club has slipped a bit hasnt it! also just got word there is no bowlers club sponsorship for next year. How will they put an SG Ball side together - well hopfully the $1M they got from narellan -

stumped

Juniors
i heard a rumour that the money has been received, spent and they are trying to keep hush about it so they can continue to cry poor...

ffs, just don't ask Jeffles, his tears stuffed my pc last time I asked a simple question. I wouldn't mind a stab in the dark as too where the $$$ have gone, but one must be hesitant on labeling people with accusations.

bluebayou

Juniors
The Bowlers Club of NSW has not yet made a decision about sponsorship for this year, but that club is under financial constraints just like all clubs due to decreased revenue because of increased poker machine taxes and smoking restrictions. All clubs are feeling the pinch and are reconsidering their various sponsorships. The best way for Newtown supporters to help is to join the Bowlers Club ($10 per year and cheaper drinks), and to visit it often. Having joined, inform Newtown with your details.

brendothejet

First Grade
ffs, just don't ask Jeffles, his tears stuffed my pc last time I asked a simple question. I wouldn't mind a stab in the dark as too where the $$$ have gone, but one must be hesitant on labeling people with accusations.

hahahah nice call re tears, but i didnt ask jeffles.

well i did but he was still recovering from his world cup hangover.

silverfox

Juniors
The Bowlers Club of NSW has not yet made a decision about sponsorship for this year, but that club is under financial constraints just like all clubs due to decreased revenue because of increased poker machine taxes and smoking restrictions. All clubs are feeling the pinch and are reconsidering their various sponsorships. The best way for Newtown supporters to help is to join the Bowlers Club ($10 per year and cheaper drinks), and to visit it often. Having joined, inform Newtown with your details.

i am a member of the bowlers club and was before they sponsored newtown. By all accounts from them it is due to the downturn but also they didnt get anything back from the sponsorship. 2 functions (which were very good). Newtown rely too much on sponsorship from clubs and they cannot spread themselves around. But they may not need sponsorhsip especially with $1m big ones in their pocket!!

stumped

Juniors

I was at the sports club this afternoon and notice a congregation that resembled the seven dwarfs, (sleepy and dopey had twins) perhaps the million was a point of discussion, stay tuned people, we might have some light at the end of the darkest tunnel outside the M5.

then again, the tightest purse strings in the 100 year history of RL might just toss up another curve ball and try and hide the un-hide able!

stumped

Juniors
I was at the sports club this afternoon and notice a congregation that resembled the seven dwarfs, (sleepy and dopey had twins) perhaps the million was a point of discussion, stay tuned people, we might have some light at the end of the darkest tunnel outside the M5.

then again, the tightest purse strings in the 100 year history of RL might just toss up another curve ball and try and hide the un-hide able!

anybody! anything?

henson park

Juniors
given newtown dont have the support of a large licensed club i assume the money is helping pay the bills. This time of year is a bad time for football clubs and given the state of the economy attending the trials commencing 14th of february and the junior reps 7th of february could be a big help. i'm going with a couple of mates as this will be the hardest year ever for football clubs to balance their budgets. why don't you join the football club and go to the agm. it is your call rather than best guess. Given the reaction of NRL clubs to the economy Newtown apears to be doing its best. i will beleive this until facts point me in another direction. go teh jets see you at henson
henson park

stumped

Juniors
given newtown dont have the support of a large licensed club i assume the money is helping pay the bills. This time of year is a bad time for football clubs and given the state of the economy attending the trials commencing 14th of february and the junior reps 7th of february could be a big help. i'm going with a couple of mates as this will be the hardest year ever for football clubs to balance their budgets. why don't you join the football club and go to the agm. it is your call rather than best guess. Given the reaction of NRL clubs to the economy Newtown apears to be doing its best. i will beleive this until facts point me in another direction. go teh jets see you at henson
henson park

you failed to sign off with your disclaimer, written for and spoken by a director of the Newtown Jets!

secondly, I was a member of both the Jets sports club and also the Newtown football club, both too which I chose not to renew after failing to be notified of the upcoming AGM, further more to get answers from the football club when I question the gentleman in the front office regarding the AGM, all members had been notified. then to be totally ignored when I tried to further question this employee as to what reason was I the only member not informed! truth be known a sponsor also failed to be notified, so when you come on here sprooking about something you are trying to sweep under the carpet, find out of your employee just what is happening at the grass roots level and that people still do have concerns for the mighty bluebags.

henson park

Juniors
what is your go? i don't get it as those on the board do their best and i know of no one ever not knowingly is not contacted for an AGM. I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT DIRECTOR WHO OCCUPIES A CHAIR AND DOES NOTHING.
JACK GIBSON GOT IT RIGHT IF THE FRONT OFFICE DON'T WORK THE BACK OFFICE WON'T. THE SUCCESS OF NEWTOWN SINCE COMPETING ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH ALL OTHER CLUBS WITH THE INPUT OF FULL TIME PLAYERS IS SECOND TO NONE. IF YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW NEWTOWN AND CARE YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS AND THE ACHIEVEMENTS TO COME AND DO THINGS FOR THE CLUB NOT BE SO CRITICAL. CRITICS NEVER BUILT A THING!!
LIGHTEN UP TALK POSITIVE
HENSON PARK:crazy:

silverfox

Juniors
what is your go? i don't get it as those on the board do their best and i know of no one ever not knowingly is not contacted for an AGM. I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT DIRECTOR WHO OCCUPIES A CHAIR AND DOES NOTHING.
JACK GIBSON GOT IT RIGHT IF THE FRONT OFFICE DON'T WORK THE BACK OFFICE WON'T. THE SUCCESS OF NEWTOWN SINCE COMPETING ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH ALL OTHER CLUBS WITH THE INPUT OF FULL TIME PLAYERS IS SECOND TO NONE. IF YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW NEWTOWN AND CARE YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS AND THE ACHIEVEMENTS TO COME AND DO THINGS FOR THE CLUB NOT BE SO CRITICAL. CRITICS NEVER BUILT A THING!!
LIGHTEN UP TALK POSITIVE
HENSON PARK:crazy:

its good to see that other directors other than jeffles are actually saying something! yes totally agree - you dont get the front office right its never going to happen on the field. heed the words! change is the best things to get things happening not to just be content with the status quo

brendothejet

First Grade
okay peoples.

We are at the point where there are obviously more than a few posters with inside information. A few people are prominent Newtown fans, members and im sure even officials and are hiding behind screen names.

In an effort to be totally serious, lets make sure that we aren't throwing around rubbish information and slandering peoples efforts, or their names and roloes within the club.

I'll point out that the powers that run LU are looking at our forum and wondering if we are worth the hassle.

perhaps we should stop finger pointing and start some positive talk about how to best support the club, grow the juniors, and new directions we should be heading for. If we the fans dont care about anything other than some petty politics it doesn't say much for the support.

Now, all this said,

I have a limited supply of my monogram hand towels left in stock. PM for your own set.

lol

silverfox

Juniors
okay peoples.

We are at the point where there are obviously more than a few posters with inside information. A few people are prominent Newtown fans, members and im sure even officials and are hiding behind screen names.

In an effort to be totally serious, lets make sure that we aren't throwing around rubbish information and slandering peoples efforts, or their names and roloes within the club.

I'll point out that the powers that run LU are looking at our forum and wondering if we are worth the hassle.

perhaps we should stop finger pointing and start some positive talk about how to best support the club, grow the juniors, and new directions we should be heading for. If we the fans dont care about anything other than some petty politics it doesn't say much for the support.

Now, all this said,

I have a limited supply of my monogram hand towels left in stock. PM for your own set.

lol

have you seen some of the other forums on here - they can say what they like about who they like! why is this forum so different - thats what its about?

I agree we should be more positive and i thought a $1m influx into the club would be a good thing that everyone should know about! its just that some people dont want us to know about it IMO! not sure why.

PS I will take two sets of towels please - one for each loo - lol!!!

silverfox

Juniors
also i have a question about growing the juniors as brendo you might be able to shed some light on this?? How do you go about doing this and do the Jets help out the Juniors at all? do the juniors get anything from jets sports club to help out?

Last edited:

henson park

Juniors
constructive change with people doing things for the club and the welfare of newtown must always be the aim. If it aint good for newtown it aint the right decision. this year and next will be the most difficult in the history of the club. Eveyones help is needed as the whole structure of rugby league will change before our eyes. Clubs cant afford to sponsor the game and them selves any longer. The cash cow of the big leagues clubs is gone and the game is living above its means. no one has written a book on the next couple of years so mistakes will be made. i would expect it.
go the jets
henson park:crazy:

silverfox

Juniors
constructive change with people doing things for the club and the welfare of newtown must always be the aim. If it aint good for newtown it aint the right decision. this year and next will be the most difficult in the history of the club. Eveyones help is needed as the whole structure of rugby league will change before our eyes. Clubs cant afford to sponsor the game and them selves any longer. The cash cow of the big leagues clubs is gone and the game is living above its means. no one has written a book on the next couple of years so mistakes will be made. i would expect it.
go the jets
henson park:crazy:

absolutely, but the question of the $1m still has not been answered - where is it and what will it be used for? will it be used to inject much needed funds at the grassroots level or are the jets just treading water if the above quote is to be taken as gospel? Will it be invested? or just used to 'pay bills' if it is used for the latter - gees the debt must be high! how does that happen??