What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cash Injection?

stumped

Juniors
what is your go? i don't get it as those on the board do their best and i know of no one ever not knowingly is not contacted for an AGM. I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT DIRECTOR WHO OCCUPIES A CHAIR AND DOES NOTHING.
JACK GIBSON GOT IT RIGHT IF THE FRONT OFFICE DON'T WORK THE BACK OFFICE WON'T. THE SUCCESS OF NEWTOWN SINCE COMPETING ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH ALL OTHER CLUBS WITH THE INPUT OF FULL TIME PLAYERS IS SECOND TO NONE. IF YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW NEWTOWN AND CARE YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS AND THE ACHIEVEMENTS TO COME AND DO THINGS FOR THE CLUB NOT BE SO CRITICAL. CRITICS NEVER BUILT A THING!!
LIGHTEN UP TALK POSITIVE
HENSON PARK:crazy:

* are you 100% sure have no knowledge of members not being notified of the agm?
*your assumption that I was a director only shows me that there is or has been a disgruntled board for some time! one of which I have never been associated with.
* quoting the late great Mr Gibson in regards to the front office not working is a very valid point and comming from that the simple question yet to be answered either here or on the clubs web site is simple, what's the intended purpose of the funds from Narrellan?
* as for your stated fact, are you telling all that read this forum, Mitch Aubasson,Jake Friend,Mickey Paea,Shaun Foley,Anthony Cherrington,Riley Brown,Brent Grose, Steve Meredith, frank Paul, Shane Shackleton are not from the roosters full time squad? the way I see it Newtown has just as much support from full time players as any other club!
* as for being critical, well welcome to the world of public forums.
* it would be great to lighten up and be positive if/when something positive comes out and a positive is there to be discussed on the forum.
STUMPED:roll:

Last edited:

Bluebag

Juniors
Henson Park,

I guess you must mean me or another former director as being a "Light weight director".

Firstly I rarely post i rarely post on here and when I do it is as Bluebag no other, I do not hide behind an alias and if I did not care I would not have given up my time last year on game day as i have found other hobbies but even gave them up to help when Stewart asked bar once.

I was the lightweight director who was the only one who put his hand up to support the Metro team and JBC team at every game while others saw it as beneath them and a big reason why the coach resigned mid season.

I was the "light weght director" who was at every home game from 0930 until 1900 every week while others turned up at PL kickoff not even beingthere to watch the JBC along with Jeffles, JG and PS and a couple of volunteers.

I have never attacked Newtown, have a look at my posts but enough is enough should you wish to get abusive. I proudly wear my Jets gear, I proudly support the team and I suppiort the Jets Sports club each and every Tuesday night. I travel from Liverpool to do so while other Directors can never be seen there. (Jeffles is banned on Tuesday nights LOL)

You have my number call me but I am not Stumped nor anyone else and should you want to make it an open slanging match do not do it with someone who will bite back.

The big issue you face is communication and until the board of 11 yet only 3 are in the know decide to make members a bigger part of the club it will struggle.

HINT;The name stumped is a cricket term.

Last edited:

silverfox

Juniors
was not the answer i was really seeking but it would seem there are a few issues that we have not known about? Not sure what you are talking about bluebag but there seems to be some bad blood - how much more is there???

scruffy

Juniors
Can someone please start a thread that involves Newtown and Football? I'd like to know how things are travelling at trials, training etc .....and there is very little to digest at present on this site except name calling...:x

stumped

Juniors
Can someone please start a thread that involves Newtown and Football? I'd like to know how things are travelling at trials, training etc .....and there is very little to digest at present on this site except name calling...:x

please show where the name calling started? the only name calling here is from someone I assume to be a "heavy wait" director laying claims to a fellow or maybe former director, this topic is justifiable as little if any information ever comes from the football club, the cash injection could and should be the life line the mighty blue bags needed, this is, or should be a very exiting time for the club and should not be withheld from the members....:roll:

jets75

Juniors
bluebag

1: you only wear your jets clothes proudly cos they r the only clothes you own!
2: your only ever at the jets 2 play cards
3: you only hang around helping at hensen park for the free sausage sandwich at the end of the day!!

stumped

Juniors
you guys should start up an axe grinding business.

how true, how very true, a sharp axe work far more effectively than a blunt one, so I take it Die Hard, you have no concern as to the investment so many years ago that has now shown a dividend not being used to benefit or be put to the longevity of the bluebags?

Bluebag

Juniors
[QUOTE]bluebag

1: you only wear your jets clothes proudly cos they r the only clothes you own!
2: your only ever at the jets 2 play cards
3: you only hang around helping at hensen park for the free sausage sandwich at the end of the day!! [/QUOTE]

Jets75

1) Have given most away have a little left.
2) Yes, but I am still supporting the club financially and Jeffles is banned on this night for reasons he knows.
3) Never have a sausage sambo after the game actually, go up to the Juniors area and have a beautiful pasta.

I will not be making any derogatory statements here Silverfox unless Henosn Park wants to continue and then all bets are off sorry about that. I will always support the Jets and continue to coach the kids at the Juniors which is far more rewarding. The Seniors needs to not take these kids for granted as there parents attend the games each and every week.
I had a few of my kids come and setup and pack up and help out each week and give them a pie and a drink for there efforts. Cheap labour for the club but they stopped late in the season which is a shame I had to do it myself.

stumped

Juniors
what is your go? i don't get it as those on the board do their best and i know of no one ever not knowingly is not contacted for an AGM. I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT DIRECTOR WHO OCCUPIES A CHAIR AND DOES NOTHING.
JACK GIBSON GOT IT RIGHT IF THE FRONT OFFICE DON'T WORK THE BACK OFFICE WON'T. THE SUCCESS OF NEWTOWN SINCE COMPETING ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH ALL OTHER CLUBS WITH THE INPUT OF FULL TIME PLAYERS IS SECOND TO NONE. IF YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW NEWTOWN AND CARE YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS AND THE ACHIEVEMENTS TO COME AND DO THINGS FOR THE CLUB NOT BE SO CRITICAL. CRITICS NEVER BUILT A THING!!
LIGHTEN UP TALK POSITIVE
HENSON PARK:crazy:

?

nothing to add Mr Heavy Weight!

brendothejet

First Grade
Im loving this thread...

*turns on eye of the tiger*

Whoever asked earlier about the juniors, if you are keen to help we can always do with people helping run tempe reserve on game day. Keeping track of game times and collecting the posts after the match. Running the canteen and all the other sort of of odds and ends.

Further to that the juniors need sponsorship for the various team so if you own a business or knwo people looking to offset some tax then get in touch with me through a private message.

The rest of you:

FIRE UP!

lol

P.S Hand towels, stubby holdrs and t shirts are on the way!