What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cashmere

Can anyone gimme some details about this large lump of a man? i recall the commentator saying on friday night that he'd played in France before and made his FG debut in 99'. anyone have his stats?

innsaneink

Referee
:lol:

Dunno much about him, but seeing him interviewed after the game on todays footy show, wearing his blue truckies singlet, just seemed apt.;-)

yappy

Bench
Razor is a great guy. So good to see finally he's getting the chance he's deserved for a couple of years.

He's a Magpie junior who did indeed make his FG debut in the black and white in 99. With the merger he went along with Hodgo to the Eels but didn't get out of First Div. Came back to us in 02 I think. He's been busting his hump for us since then. The France stint was in the off-season just gone, and they did indeed sack everyone and close the club when they couldn't make the semis so Ray was back earlier than expected. He was going to play Group 6 but when Wests knew he was home they told him to get his behind down to training. He was basically the best player for us every week and it's great to see that consistent effort finally get rewarded. The fact he hasn't had it easy should see him work his arse off to keep what he now has. He won't let anyone down.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
i have never seen a wests tigers forward be so dominant in attack in a match!
The offloads!
He just ran so hard! THen he got tackled... made a few more metres, turned and offloaded with ease!

HOLY KIMOLEY!

yappy

Bench
Now you know why we've been pushing his barrow for so long. The guy can play. It shouldn't have taken so long, but now he's there, well go the CASHMAN!

Ubsy

Juniors
Great to see yet another junior come through the ranks.
Lets hope we can keep him, because IMO he has a big future.

The Colonel

Immortal
Great kid. Saw him play at Parramatta quite a few times and thought he had the chance to go onto first grade but never really took the next step. Huge boy with a great offload. Finally got the right kick in the arse by the looks of things.... well done to the big unit.

yappy

Bench
WestsRobbo said:
We have deadset got to re-sign this guy.

Yappy have a word mate and make sure he stays.

Mate the guy is a Magpie to his bootstraps. If the club gives him a fair offer I have no doubt he'd be all over it. It just relies on the club. If they put a contract with a number on it that meant he could give up his job and be a full timer tomorrow it would have his autograph in 2 seconds. If they wait and someone else comes up with an offer, well Ray has done it tough for 6 seasons to finally get to where he belongs, I don't think he could or should turn it down. None of the Magpie faithful who have enjoyed his efforts over the years would begrudge him. Razor will always be a firm favourite.

On the positive side though Warren McDonnell has as big a wrap on Ray as I do, so if there is any dough in the joint I'd bet Ray will see his share.

braz

Juniors
Did you see when cashy was interviewed on the footy show??

Firstly they thought it was Chris Heighington by the caption :roll:

Matty Johns : "How good was that?"

Cashy: "Mate I'm from Western Suburbs, I'm used to the score being the other way around"

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Well here's to having a little cash left to pay the big fella what he's worth.

I'd rather have Cashy than Harris and Ill wait and judge Galloway.

Vicious

Bench
Sam Harris is a talented footballer, but from what i`ve heard, the Wests Tigers are paying him somewhere in the vicinity of $180,000-$200,000 a season?
As talented as he is, i`m not all that keen on having a lazy forward from the North Shore playing in our side.

Kid

Juniors
Vicious said:
Sam Harris is a talented footballer, but from what i`ve heard, the Wests Tigers are paying him somewhere in the vicinity of $180,000-$200,000 a season?
As talented as he is, i`m not all that keen on having a lazy forward from the North Shore playing in our side.
Once upon a time i would have agreed with you, but i have learn't to put my trust in Sheens, you should too ;-)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Are you kidding?

Sam Harris is a fantastic player, with a bucketload of potential. Who better to help him fulfil that potential than Sheens.

Young Elias

Juniors
So we have a 5 man bench for the Storm game, with Cashmere.

I think he should get a run, but who we going to drop if he does???

Its either Harrison or Heinington? Personally I think Heinington has been playing great, so young Bronson will probably have to give up his bench spot.

I wonder what Tim Sheens will do......

mightydragon

Juniors
Funny that the WT's pay big money for Galloway and don't offer Cashy very much at all. Why wouldnt he field offers.