What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castle Quits as CEO

Barkley

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-resigns-as-bulldogs-ceo-20170525-gwcryd.html

Raelene Castle has resigned as Canterbury CEO and will finish her tenure at the end of the season.

Castle, who has has been in the role for four years, said it was time for her to consider her "next challenge"

"She has strengthened all areas of the club and will leave us in a strong position for the new chief executive to take over.

"We are appreciative of her professionalism in signalling this early enough for us to find a replacement in time for next season."

In a press release, Castle added: "I have loved every moment of my time at the Bulldogs and after four years in the role, the time is now right to look for my next challenge. I wish the club and the team every success for the future.

"I am pleased that together with the board we could give the club leadership continuity and a professional transition to new leadership."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-resigns-as-bulldogs-ceo-20170525-gwcryd.html

Raelene Castle has resigned as Canterbury CEO and will finish her tenure at the end of the season.

Castle, who has has been in the role for four years, said it was time for her to consider her "next challenge"

"She has strengthened all areas of the club and will leave us in a strong position for the new chief executive to take over.

"We are appreciative of her professionalism in signalling this early enough for us to find a replacement in time for next season."

In a press release, Castle added: "I have loved every moment of my time at the Bulldogs and after four years in the role, the time is now right to look for my next challenge. I wish the club and the team every success for the future.

"I am pleased that together with the board we could give the club leadership continuity and a professional transition to new leadership."
I wonder if the goings on behind the scenes has affected her decision ?
Probably will still end up in sports admin somewhere.

insert.pause

First Grade
of course it did, she publicly rebuked dib & his cronies for talking to the RLPA behind the back of the NRL subcommittee responsible for negotiating the CBA , of which Castle was a member. Dibb & Politis want a big salary cap because they have the leagues club backing to underwrite any losses, while half the other clubs want a lower cap so they get a higher grant to help make their club financially sustainable.

___

Juniors
Mate, she has achieved absolutely NOTHING as CEO. It's almost as if the bar has been set so low, the next CEO will seem be an automatic upgrade.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mate, she has achieved absolutely NOTHING as CEO. It's almost as if the bar has been set so low, the next CEO will seem be an automatic upgrade.
I don't think she's done an outstanding job by any stretch but to suggest she's done nothing is the most ridiculous thing I've read today.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Any ideas on who's going to replace her ?. Question for anyone involved, are the dogs still one of the last profitable Sydney clubs ?.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Thats pretty harsh...

The club wasnt a ruin when she can in, so you cant expect her to tear the place down and rebuild.

You made the finals the year before she arrived and every year after. Her entire task was to make incremental improvements that average fans will never notice.

What did you expect her to do???

Barkley

Bench

You have to be the most dramatic person on here.

Castle did a pretty good (not great) job at running the club, I'd be happy if she continued.

One criticism of her tenure was she was too lenient on some of the players when they needed to be brought into line. I can't quite remember the instances but I do remember that it was an opportunity for her to take a strong stance against some poor player behavior and she publicly did nothing. But I cant even remember the situation, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Timmah

Staff member
Might not be a popular opinion given the giant red logo but to bring an international brand like Kia onto the front of the kit is a significant win, at least financially.

___

Juniors
Thats pretty harsh...

The club wasnt a ruin when she can in, so you cant expect her to tear the place down and rebuild.

You made the finals the year before she arrived and every year after. Her entire task was to make incremental improvements that average fans will never notice.

What did you expect her to do???
Mate have you seen the current state of the club? It IS a ruin. She's brought club down. Let's review:

• Signing Des Hasler to a longer-term deal when he had not achieved anything with the club bar make the finals (anyone can tell you he's past his best).
  • The 2 Premierships by 2020 goal is something that will NOT be achieved (mark my words on that)
  • Membership is at it's lowest point since 2011 when the club wasn't making the finals
  • Kia... the worst possible logo to go with our jersey
Greenberg was the best CEO we've had in years. Then to go from one of the best to one of the worst... it's a pretty hard thing to digest.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Mate have you seen the current state of the club? It IS a ruin. She's brought club down. Let's review:

• Signing Des Hasler to a longer-term deal when he had not achieved anything with the club bar make the finals (anyone can tell you he's past his best).
  • The 2 Premierships by 2020 goal is something that will NOT be achieved (mark my words on that)
  • Membership is at it's lowest point since 2011 when the club wasn't making the finals
Greenberg was the best CEO we've had in years. Then to go from one of the best to one of the worst... it's a pretty hard thing to digest.
I'll never forgive her for resigning des to a long term contract.

Reactions: ___

Timmah

Staff member

A club making the finals each year (including two Grand Finals) is "a ruin"?

I'm also fairly sure strategic plans are usually aspirational - what a business wants to achieve, not what it definitely will achieve.

Membership at it's lowest point? How do you come up with blatant lies?
2014 - 16,515
2015 - 18,240
2016 - 20,703
2017 - 18,269

Kia can put a purple monkey dishwasher on the front for all I care, if they're willing to back the club their logo deserves it's place on the front.