What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castleford-Wigan Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Slightly late, but here goes

Castleford 28 Wigan 42

Attendance: 6,222

Highlights:
-A very committed display, and showed the kind of rugby we are capable of playing. Hopefully we can put a decent performance in at Bradford.

-Mellor played brilliantly, and I thought all our backs played well.

-Brambani also played very well.

-Cas fans will disagree, but I thought Ian Smith had a good game. He made a mistake by penalising us for tackling Dallas into touch, but he also got the decision where O'Loughlin supposedly put his foot in touch before he released the ball. TV replays showed this was a perfect try and shouldn't have been disallowed.

Lowlights:
-I didn't get to see one of the wonders of the world, the Wigan Walk.

-Individual errors cost us dearly.

Estimated Cas Fans 4700

How were the Cas fans? Again I thought they really got behind the team, even when we were losing. The committment from the players was there to see and in turn the Cas fans supported them to the end.

Comedy Moment Nathan Sykes half breaking a tackle. I'm sure you lot will have some better comedy moments.

In a nutshell A brilliant performance, and with the same levels of passion and committment our first win won't be far away. Many of us were expecting a record defeat, and we were pleasantly suprised.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Comedy Moment - Surely it's gotta be Desi Williams :lol:

Felt kinda sorry for the guy. Hope he gets more games under his belt, I really admire his fashion sense. I've seen him in town a few times and his hair is even more impressive in the flesh. The guy looks so slick, he really is RL's answer to Shaft.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I can't wait to come over to the UK when I'm planning to in the next few years - the passion for RL is alot greater than here despite lower overall crowds at times.