What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

steerlerbab

Juniors
I do not expect too much from our FG side this year. There are some good players in that team like and some dead wood. If we make to the fringe of top 8 with this squad, we have done great. Our marque player is Hunt and he is getting closer and closer to retirement.

But the great news is that we won SG ball after 30 years. In 2 to 3 years some of these guys will make it to FG and we we should have several marquee players. Hopefully the dead woods are recycled out of the club by then.

Going back to next weeks game hope the team that played against Manly and Warriors shows up, not the team that played against the Roosters.

justadragon

Bench
It's a local derby so there shouldn't be any excuses from Dragons not to put up a fight at least. At least that once was the case although in recent times we seem to not have playing group that honours history or tribute games. We will surely have Rava and Luciano back into the team which helps. Our forwards will have had a bit of a decent rest. Bird might be saved by Suli's absence but Lawrie has dead set got to sit this one out.

Sharks look like they are on their way to bigger and better things this year, and will have the majority of the crowd with them so I expect that they will have enough in them to win it and probably target Sloan's positional issues which have showed up again. We just want to see our guys turn up I suppose, where we once would have desired smashing the little brother.

On my soap box again BUT...the thing is we don't have a heap of youth in the team. While many see that as a positive, I just don't know how we are going to move forward without giving the first grade experience to some of our younger talents. Youth = future.

I don't see how giving, say a Couchman or Tuitaveke (or whoever is deemed most deserving) a run will do anything but add some earnest enthusiasm we sometimes lack in our forwards. It's not exactly a crazy or risky thing to do. I'm literally panicking about our inertness in preparation for the future on the basis that this predictable adherence to sticking with a core group of inevitably disappointing players has played out under the last three coaches. Reality is we won't land any high profile players that will swoop into save us so these players will be filling most of those roles anyway. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

I don't see how it harms our chances is all...

On the above topic, I have come to the conclusion that as a club we are signing our own death warrant in so many ways. This job is too big for one man i.e. the coach, and we don't even have a head of recruitment in place. We are in a sick state and there is just no acknowledgement of it.

I've decided for my own mental health to have a spell from getting super invested in this club and communicating here. Dragons are important to me but, quite honestly, they have become a joke. I realise I've been calling it and lamenting it for years. I've contacted the club multiple times to no avail. It has taken finally it's toll to the point where I am genuinely upset as I can't be apathetic about the Dragons or half invested. I am an all in kind of person. It's like being in a relationship with a girl that doesn't have your interests at heart - probably a bad comparison but I am sure some will get it.
I wish the team the best and the best of health and happiness to all on here. Signing off for now. I pray we will be a serious club again.
I said in a previous post @thebigredv, that the Dragons had lost a lot of Sydney fans last Thursday, they were disgraceful regardless of any incident, if being there on ANZAC day isnt enough to give you a fighting never say die spirit then what hope do they have getting up for a local derby. To make matters worse it looked like there were more Dragons fans than Roosters, and ended in total embarrassment. You along with so many others are now a by-product of endless years of poor management, disgraceful performances, inept coaching and a lack of future by our juniors ( little bit of light winning the SG Ball, but still many years away with those players). I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back on this forum again, you are a brave person for admitting you are not fully invested, yes it's either all or nothing and for many years now the members and supporters are giving all and getting nothing. We may win the Sharks game but it doesn't erode the fact that every game we have lost we have been flogged in that is enough to do anyone's head in. We tend to point the finger at a lot of people but yet here we are hoping that things one day may change, my belief is many of us wont be here to see it.

A
I said in a previous post @thebigredv, that the Dragons had lost a lot of Sydney fans last Thursday, they were disgraceful regardless of any incident, if being there on ANZAC day isnt enough to give you a fighting never say die spirit then what hope do they have getting up for a local derby. To make matters worse it looked like there were more Dragons fans than Roosters, and ended in total embarrassment. You along with so many others are now a by-product of endless years of poor management, disgraceful performances, inept coaching and a lack of future by our juniors ( little bit of light winning the SG Ball, but still many years away with those players). I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back on this forum again, you are a brave person for admitting you are not fully invested, yes it's either all or nothing and for many years now the members and supporters are giving all and getting nothing. We may win the Sharks game but it doesn't erode the fact that every game we have lost we have been flogged in that is enough to do anyone's head in. We tend to point the finger at a lot of people but yet here we are hoping that things one day may change, my belief is many of us wont be here to see it.
After watching the Sharks thumping the Raiders on their home ground, I find it hard to believe Dragons wii beat them on Sunday. They looked like an unholy rabble against the Roosters. Sloan needs to learn the basic demands of a full back, positional play, defence and safety under high ball. He does have merit with speed and attacking skills.

justadragon

Bench
A

After watching the Sharks thumping the Raiders on their home ground, I find it hard to believe Dragons wii beat them on Sunday. They looked like an unholy rabble against the Roosters. Sloan needs to learn the basic demands of a full back, positional play, defence and safety under high ball. He does have merit with speed and attacking skills.
Also the extra motivation that Flanno provided in his PC for the Sharks to kick our arses a little harder.

SBD82

Coach
Trying to get his son’s house back
Most weeks I enjoy your visits in here Millers. This week is not one of those weeks.

Hope it comes out that half your squad got on the bags with tricky, and they were supplied by the board.

Hope your property developments turn out to be shoddy fire traps and result in a record lawsuit.

But most of all, I hope your team gets seven kinds of shit smacked out of them on Sunday, with the embarrassment so bad that your coach quits, your membership halves, and your sponsors go bankrupt.

And then the inevitable relocation to Perth.

Most weeks I enjoy your visits in here Millers. This week is not one of those weeks.

Hope it comes out that half your squad got on the bags with tricky, and they were supplied by the board.

Hope your property developments turn out to be shoddy fire traps and result in a record lawsuit.

But most of all, I hope your team gets seven kinds of shit smacked out of them on Sunday, with the embarrassment so bad that your coach quits, your membership halves, and your sponsors go bankrupt.

And then the inevitable relocation to Perth.
You could tell me what you really think! Why are you holding back mate?

Sharks supporters are very nervous. Unsure why, its 1 v 11th.

Nicko will have a SOO performance and give us a rinsing.

If I was Sharks fan, I would be sitting back without a worry in the world.
Reverse psychology. I know what you are doing Lennyb

we are NEVER comfortable or confident. It has been ingrained into every Sharks supporter over many years.

expect the worst, anything above that is a positive

Latest posts