What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans win first away match

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
JasonE said:
Is Guigue out injured ?

No. But apparently David Waite is unhappy with some aspects of his play, probably his defence. (Guige was on the wing in round 1 against Wigan, and in the closing ten minutes he missed Pat Richards badly when he had him lined up against the sideline, thereby allowing Richards to go in to score a try that could have won the match for Wigan). That is just my guess. I don't pretend to understand the reasons behind David Waite's selection decisions. He may be right in this instance. I just don't know.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Gaz_E said:
I feel i need to respond to the poster who mentioned me. I call it as i see it, i was at the game and Warrington were beyond awful. If Catalans had been anything more than ordinary i would have said so, but apart from one score they didn't have to work for their points. We gifted them field position and fell off tackles that i would expect to be made. We went toe-to-toe with Saints a few weeks ago, destroyed Hull (in the 2nd half) and looked to be getting some sort of form together. To turn up and put in a performance like that against a team who we should be beating isn't acceptable. Paul Cullen needs to take a portion of blame here if his comments are true in suggesting he thought i was going to be a bad day after the first set of 6. As coach he should have done something about it.

If you go to the BBC website forum you will find a large number of people praising Les Catalans and almost all saying that it was an exciting match.

Gaz_E

Juniors
AlbertRosenfeld said:
If you go to the BBC website forum you will find a large number of people praising Les Catalans and almost all saying that it was an exciting match.

For the neutral maybe, but as a WARRINGTON fan i'm having a go at my teams awful performance, Catalans were ordinary, they just about got the basics right (which Warrington consistantly failed to do). I would have had the same opinion on the performance if Steve Ganson hadn't have got that forward pass decision wrong that ruled out a score which would have made the game a little different.

Crdit to Catalans for their first away win, but it was made far easier than it should have been.

screeny

Bench
Gaz_E said:
For the neutral maybe, but as a WARRINGTON fan i'm having a go at my teams awful performance, Catalans were ordinary, they just about got the basics right (which Warrington consistantly failed to do). I would have had the same opinion on the performance if Steve Ganson hadn't have got that forward pass decision wrong that ruled out a score which would have made the game a little different.

Crdit to Catalans for their first away win, but it was made far easier than it should have been.

I mentioned you, but fair enough that you are looking at the game through Primrose & Blue coloured specs. I like Wire too, I've got a soft spot for the club (although I wouldn't call myself a supporter, I don't support any club), their style of play and I like Cullen. Some of the totalRL posters were absolutely caning Richie Barnett. He didn't actually do all that much wrong. He fumbled a kick off and a kick into the in-goal, although the second one would probably have ended in a goal line drop out even if he'd recovered it cleanly.

Cullen's comments are on the BBC site, but I think they're harsh.

Ganson's decision was wrong, but then again so was the Bosc knock on which was clearly a hand in from a Wire marker. That led to a score too. sh*t happens.

RL fans - I'm not picking on you either, I've been getting this impression over the last few months - seem to go from jubilation to doom and gloom too easily. Your team lost, it doesn't mean there's something fundamentally wrong with the coach, his theories or his application.

SL will be like Brazilian football soon, with fans calling for coaches' heads every other week. So far this season Millward, Cullen, Kear, Rae have all been put forward for the boot by fans of their clubs (Rae, fair enough ha ha!) and although I personally haven't seen any comments, I'm sure Smith too after the Salford debacle.

What was so dreadful about the Wire performance? I thought they played some good football.