What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catch 22

quinnm2006

Juniors
Everyone is saying we can beat Melbourne in Canberra as it Schifcofske, Woolford, Croker etc last game there in the green....but the catch 22 is that if we do beat them it probably won't be there last game as we will probably make top four. I'm not complaining but would a second farewell almost make us a little flat for the finals game.

GO THE RAIDERS!!!! Put $5 on them at 81:1, now they're 51:1, despite being 41:1 last week before we were almost assured a finals birth. The sad irony is that we are equal 8th favourites at 51 with the Cowboys who couldn't win against thirteen pumpkins in jerseys (no offence to Dragons supporters, even though they are the most overrated pumpkins this side of Kansas)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Top 4 will be difficult with the poor for and against to date. Also, I think that the further up the ladder that we finish, the better off we will be re: playing a (not) red hot team.

aussies1st

Staff member
We're be playing it like it's our last with these guys, if we get another one, then the fans and the boys will get up again to say farewell :)

Paullyboy

Coach
If we lose this week I honestly believe we'll struggle to make the finals as the Sharks will be a very tough game.

If we win this game we'll make the top 4. And I guarantee you they'll have the fire in their belly for a Friday night game in Canberra.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
the same scenario happened in 2000, last home game of the season and Daley, Furner and Mullins farewell. We thrashed the roosters and made the top 4 and beat penrith in the first final. Got thrashed by the roosters and bowed out.

skeepe

Immortal
Paullyboy said:
If we lose this week I honestly believe we'll struggle to make the finals as the Sharks will be a very tough game.

I agree. If we lose to the bye we may as well give it away now.

thickos

First Grade
If we can beat the Storm I'll say it now - we can make the preliminary final. They've only been beaten 3 times this season and it would give the boys a lot of confidence.

Lose to the Storm and it makes the Sharks game very dangerous - considering our record there and one of the sides out of the eight might have got their sh*t together in an attempt to make the eight.

Paullyboy

Coach
skeepe said:
I agree. If we lose to the bye we may as well give it away now.

Damn! I keep forgetting that there is no Raiders to watch this week. I know how good the bye is for us in that its guaranteed competition points but its still annoying!

aussies1st

Staff member
I wanted to see what Elliott would have done with Howell being out. Oh well one more week.

sydraider

First Grade
Emotion is a powerful tool, we usually have a problem knocking off the roosters in recent times, this wasnt the case however in 2000 with Daley, Furner and Mullins all playing their last home game.Now we commemorate the final home games of Germ,Toots, Schif and Mogg , I think we will be so pumped up that we will actually cause an upset. This will be melbourne's first loss in quite a while.

Paullyboy

Coach
aussies1st said:
I wanted to see what Elliott would have done with Howell being out. Oh well one more week.

Howell has missed a couple of games recently and in those games he put Chalk to the wing.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah I'll be there with bells on for that game. It should be a tight game either way against the Storm. Top 6 finish I reckon for the green machine.

SOULS 04

Juniors
i just wanna get away from 7 or 8 and espcially 8th

man i cant wait for this game against the storm... dont reckon we will win but we'll give it everything.

Raider Azz

Bench
Paullyboy said:
Howell has missed a couple of games recently and in those games he put Chalk to the wing.
In today's Canberra Times Elliot says he will most likely play frawley on the wing to replace howell for the storm game, with chalk on the bench. when asked if he should promote zillman he said "that would be ridiculous and be putting a whole heap of pressure on the kid"

gph

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
In today's Canberra Times Elliot says he will most likely play frawley on the wing to replace howell for the storm game, with chalk on the bench. when asked if he should promote zillman he said "that would be ridiculous and be putting a whole heap of pressure on the kid"

He also talked about how that would be playing him out of position.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Just a point on that roosters game...could it possibly have been that we won because we had players like DALEY!!! MULLINS!!! AND FURNER!!! Some of the best players of all time...

Everyone is saying the top 8 is decided.. thats a crock of #^&$*&.... the raiders shouldddd lose to melbourne.. and sharks would be tipped to beat panthers and then a joey less knights ( kinda why i was upset they lost him)... which would put them two points be hind us.. going into a away game vs the sharks for a top 8 spot..also it is quite possible the knights could lose their remaining two games...and be jumped.. who knows..

so many people keep saying the top 8 is decided.. I guess its their last ditch effort to put some complacency into the teams in the 8.. while the teams out of the 8 come out with complete desperation and play for their lives.

the top 8 all decided?? i dont think so

BSB Raiderman

Juniors
"Everyone is saying the top 8 is decided.. thats a crock of #^&$*&.... the raiders shouldddd lose to melbourne.. and sharks would be tipped to beat panthers and then a joey less knights ( kinda why i was upset they lost him)... which would put them two points be hind us.. going into a away game vs the sharks for a top 8 spot..also it is quite possible the knights could lose their remaining two games...and be jumped.. who knows.."

The Sharks play the Dragqueens next week at OKI or Win, The Panfers play the Knoughts at EAS. So we need the Sharks this week and the Dragqueens next week so both are done.

SOULS 04

Juniors
they are syaing its all but decided because the teams below us would have to win all 3 games and that will be no easy feat considering the form they are in also the fact that they play each other a couple of the teams.

but no i dont think its done and dusted but it will take something special for it to be changed.