What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caulfield Cup

hessy

Juniors
IMO the winner will come from:
- Maldivian: Clearly the one to beat, impressive run to beat Miss Finland last start over 2000m WFA and drops plenty of weight. Drawn barrier one, would probably prefer to be over but at least its single digits. Creates his own luck the way it races but a couple of queries - can it win without getting the lead as easy as the last few? and can it run the extra 400m. I think the answer on both is yes, can only really see it getting beat if it gets stuck in traffic. Would prefer to get 5's about it as i think if the tempo's right on it could be a risk at such a short quote, if it stays around this level i'll try and hunt out the trifecta.

- Master O'Reilly: I've been a fan since its run on Anzac Day and its improved another level in its last few runs. Looks a great Melbourne Cup prospect, but has plenty of form around the mile and a half. A typical swooper so always needs plenty of luck as was best seen in the JRA Cup, but when the pace is true theres few who can finish off a distance race better than Master O. Will look like all is lost running last until late in the race. IMO one of the only horses that may be capable of beating Maldivian without him getting unlucky in the run - if the pace is on. Also carrying no weight.

- Douro Valley: Has form around Maldivian but has been a real money muncher in the past. Has been in great form recently though, I just think that its peak isn't in the same league as Maldivian who potentially has another gear on last weeks win which would see it win with some ease.

Outside chances to Scenic Shot, Princess Coup and Eskimo Queen. I've gone off Eskimo Queen recently but it must be respected and obviously included in the multiples.
I don't think Maybe Better will win, it will finish the race off well and finish in the top 5 but the Melbourne has been the target all along and they won't push this all the way as a penalty could cripple its chances in the main event. Cinque Cento is a horse the others will want to push Maldy at the front to give them a chance of beating it but can only really win in a soft pace and if it gets it the race is all Maldivian's.

So who does everyone like after the barrier draw?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maldivian definatley the one to beat, drawn the one gate . I didn't mind the Kiwi mares run in the Kelt, won over the distance and nice odds at 16's.

Nuffs

Bench
i'm warming to Maybe Better - but i wont back it purely because the jockey may just find some traffic at the beginning of the straight. maybe back it the place. or maybe back it for a fast finishing 4th

Maldivian massively hard to beat. doesn't need to lead to win, can sit handy 3rd or 4th. will look the winner from the turn

and yeah Princess Coup is the interesting runner for me.

will have a proper look then post in my final selections in here

If Maldivian doesn't win, the rest of the field are all good prices. Just on weights alone though Maldivian will be so hard to beat.

Think I'll take a few trifectas as there is always value in the big races. Just love this time of year. Will keep a close eye on the weather though as rain can change everything.

Best of luck guys. I hope whatever you back wins.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Master O'Reilly.

But I have always liked to back horses with 'ma' and 'am' in them, so I think if I folow that in this, I might even get the trifecta.

St. Brett

Juniors
Master O'reilly is carrying no weight at all.

I think Eskimo Queen is a dog.

Has anybody read today's Daily Telegraph form guide?

Read what they quoted about the raging hot favorite Maldivian in its snazzy conclusion phrase?
HASN'T DONE ENOUGH TO CONSIDER HERE!
Are my eyes deceiving me or is that what it says?
Who the f**k writes this sh*t?
What has it gotta do to be considered?

I think tomorrow's meeting is a trap with loads of sh*t. Even the cup is pretty dower.

In the Caulfield Cup I'm putting tiny amounts on Oliver's Mount Blutigeroo and Luke Nolen's horse Anekove.

Dad tells me that Blutigeroo has a virus and may not start tomorrow so if that's the case I may back N. Rawiller horse Blue Monday who is working up fine for this distance.

A lot of horses are running with no weight tomorrow.

Be warned........I can't overlook last years shock horse of the moment Tawqueet.
How many times does D. Dunn win these races at odds?
I know this preperation has been unimpressive so far but watch market moves.
The 2400 may suit this mah fuh just fine.
Look for an improvement from number one.
You never know which trainers are hustling for the big price ---> Tawqueet and Blutigeroo.
I'm gonna look at this one each way.

Also at MLB Rce Caulfield tomorrow go to race 6 I like horses Honalee and Ticklish with no weight and big odds.
Especially Honalee.

gorilla with a shotgun said:
might have a few bob on Mandela

Like your thinking Gorilla. 40-1 Eachway on Sportstab.

Standout trifecta though
Maldivian to win.
Mandela, Douro Valley, Eskimo Queen and Purple Moon to run the placings.

St. Brett

Juniors
I'm jumping ship, people.

Yesterday I pre-saled Tawqeet and Annekov at 50-1.
It's money thrown down the dump.

Today I'm jumping on MLB Rce 8 number 11 SCENIC SHOT! Stinky Katsidis.
Scenic Shot is screaming out for this 2400.
Look at his past 3 runs. He'll settle mid-field and only comes on and on in the straight.

You know what concerns me about Maldivian?
If he's got barrier one he'll have to lead from pillar to post otherwise all the outsider horses will come over and swamp him meaning he'll be on the fence last and will have to come around them.
So the way I see it is he'll have to dart and lead but that's the problem because he's a swooper horse.
I think he's in a world of trouble.
Even if he settles back from barrier one in an attempt to come on I see him being squashed in like a Trot horse unable to get out.
Because if he plans to come through on the rails he's largely mistaken.
Every other horse is going to be vying for the rails run.
World of trouble.
If I was Maldivian I'd settle last from the jump and use the slip stream to come home.
Barrier one roots him royally with no lube jelly.

Other bets today are

MLB Rce 7 numbers 2 + 4 King of Ashford and SOULACROIX!
I think Soola-crox is ready to pounce on these bitches.

That greyhound Merticulous is running around today at the MLB greys.
You'll be lucky to get $1:80 about him.
Check this dog out for a powerful thing.
I'd like a few of these babies in my backyard.
So powerful.

Wanna know what else pisses me off about Maldivian today?
Cast your minds back to last week, did anybody want anything to do with him then? They were all for that Miss Finland nonsense.
People are too over confident today about this thing.

SCENIC SHOT for me, people.

big query on Maldivian running out the 2400m

6-horse Box Trifecta ($60 for 50c unit)

2. Blue Monday
7. Purple Moon
13. Anamato
14. Douro Valley
17. Princess Coup
18. Master O'Reilly

Keeper of the Light said:
Like your thinking Gorilla. 40-1 Eachway on Sportstab.

Standout trifecta though
Maldivian to win.
Mandela, Douro Valley, Eskimo Queen and Purple Moon to run the placings.

I dont really understand why he is at such large odds...he has good form in NZ and the Australian form for stayers this year is piss weak.
He will also appreciate the extra distance and unlike some other horses in the race the trainer actually thinks it can win.

miccle

Bench
Cinque Cento at 51's and 12.26 on fixed price.

Can definitely pull out a big run every now and again - $5 ew for sure from me!

Maldivian should be there or thereabouts, but I don't touch anything under 7's or 8's for big races.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
What Macca_ has been waiting for all week...
JUGGY'S TIP!

Get on Maldivian fellas. It won't be beaten......
I just hope you weren't stupid enough to take the fixed odds for it.
Never going to start shorter than $3 on the TAB, this has been confirmed with the market at the moment and it's 5-2! GET ON!

Latest posts