What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cavalier Fans

Ridders

Coach
How betrayed must they feel? Look he's entitled to do whatever he wants. I don't have a problem with that. But to do it on Live Freaking TV? Unforgivable

Tiger Hawk

Bench
But, but, think of the money going to charity? </sarcasm>

Very cold, amindst all this, Durant officially signed his contract extension as did Joe Johnson. No fanfare required, no TV special or anything.

Although stay tuned everyone - Brian Scalabrine - The Decision is up next!

Choppies

Coach
I hate the franchise but you have to feel for the fans. He was one of them as far as they were concerned and he just spat in their faces. To do it the way he did as well is disgusting but I said it earlier the Cavaliers are the ones to blame for this. They had years to build a team around him and just pissed around.

ByRd

First Grade
Agree with what you guys have said, the whole process and the special he had to announce it was just comical, the guy is a diva and the way espn is trying to sell it saying he wants that championship bad and is willing to do anything is just laughable, he went for the easiest option and will be playing with the 3rd best player in the game and one of the better big men....alot of people will diminish there titles if they win it like we had to hear for Kobe how he couldnt win without Shaq, wonder if these divas will get the same treatment

Ridders

Coach
Haha this was on the Cavs.com homepage. Those are fighting words!

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://cavs.com/

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Awesome letter.

But as Choppies has pointed out, over 7 years they never teamed him with another All-Star talent. I can understand the disappointment but the owners use and discard players all the time, so when one actually decides to leave to better his own situation, suddenly he's disloyal?

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Agree with what you guys have said, the whole process and the special he had to announce it was just comical, the guy is a diva and the way espn is trying to sell it saying he wants that championship bad and is willing to do anything is just laughable, he went for the easiest option and will be playing with the 3rd best player in the game and one of the better big men....alot of people will diminish there titles if they win it like we had to hear for Kobe how he couldnt win without Shaq, wonder if these divas will get the same treatment

Wade already has won a championship! More on his own than most! :D

Stonecutter

First Grade
Awesome letter.

But as Choppies has pointed out, over 7 years they never teamed him with another All-Star talent. I can understand the disappointment but the owners use and discard players all the time, so when one actually decides to leave to better his own situation, suddenly he's disloyal?

They would've tried...I mean the Jamison, O'Neal and others were probably the best they could get.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Possibly, but who really knows I guess?

On the other hand as well, James took a pretty ordinary 07 Cavs team to the Finals, the roster improved each of the next 3 years and he never made it back there. That's gotta say something about him doesn't it?

Ridders

Coach
They would've tried...I mean the Jamison, O'Neal and others were probably the best they could get.

Yeah I agree, they've tried. I mean the Jamison trade was made at Lebron's behest. Its a horrible contract but the Cavs made the trade to help Lebron win a ring.

But in the end, the Cavs failed to surround him with quality young talent in the way that the Thunder have with Durant. Now thats a team built for the future.

Ridders

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if it were to come out that the letter was by someone who hacked onto the Cavs site.

I mean those are some fireballs launched at Lebron. Even I think it was a bit too harsh at times.

Mr Saab

Referee
American sports fans are rather passionate and i am not offended by LeBricks jersey being burned.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Haha this was on the Cavs.com homepage. Those are fighting words!

http://cavs.com/

No wonder that organisation is so sh*t and has never won anything! How can a professional business man write sh*t like that! That's the biggest tantrum/ dummy spit I have seen for a long time :lol:. I feel for real Cleveland fans (basically people that live there) but I don't feel anything for all the bandwagon so called Cleveland supporters whom are really LeBron supporters, I hate sh*t like that. I would have been crushed if Wade left but I'm a Heat fan 1st and always! Players come and go however clubs don't (well unless they are really really bad). Unfortunately Miami is now going to attract these types of fans big time and I will have to stomach it :( but as long as they are wining championships I can put up with it! :D

Ridders

Coach
Tbf this decision won't really have any affect on the Lebron Bandwagoners who supported the Cavs by default. As you said Dragon, their just going to move onto the Heat bandwagon. It's going to crush the real Cav supporters who have had to live with an eternity of mediocrity until Lebron showed up.

And speaking of the Heat bandwagon. I mean this is going to be almost unprecedented.

Ridders

Coach
Lol @ Dan Gilbert. He is one bitter dude. The dude is on a tirade. Soon he's going to be calling out Lebron's mum.

Understandable. He just lost a sh*tload of money

Last edited: