What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celtic Crusaders Live Now

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Thank you very much for that. I had no idea I could watch it for free. Pity the picture was so poor, but better than nothing of course.

Is it always on for free when Crusaders play at home?

bartman

Immortal
Nice work T.

I think S4C (Welsh Channel 4) are only covering four games this season, but it's a start - and better coverage than any other national league teams get.

T to the T

Juniors
Yeh, S4C are only covering 4 games of the Crusaders this season (With 2 of them already been played) however when S4C are showing the Crusaders, it should be broadcasted online. The 2 other games which are to be shown are to be confirmed in the coming weeks.

Anyway good win for the Crusaders today, should of killed the game off before the final 20 but messed up twice with the passing with the try line literally 2-3 metres away. A win is a win, Workington got no bonus point and up the table we go. NL1, here we come!

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
The RFL has decided that if Celtic Crusaders are to get a franchsie then they must get into NL1. So it is do or die for the club. They are now on 3rd and must look towards beating Featherstone and Barrow away as well as at home if they are to win the competition and gain promotion.

bartman

Immortal
Narrowly missed out on going up last year, but it is do or die for them this season, in terms of claiming a 2009 franchise.

Featherstone look strong, Crusaders may have to run the gauntlet of being the second team to earn promotion, through the play-offs.

YANTO

Juniors
Went to Rotterdam to watch the game via SKY satalitte.

I spent 10 years at the Town and its great to see them getting some TV coverage after a few lean years.

Well to go for the Crusaders for arranging LIVE TV of some of their games.

Not a bad game to watch.

Copa

Bench
AlbertRosenfeld said:
The RFL has decided that if Celtic Crusaders are to get a franchsie then they must get into NL1. So it is do or die for the club. .
Has that been formally announced??

Seems absurd. A potential RL expansion area possibly decided upon by one final game that could involve dodgy refs calls, sick player/s not making the field for CC, atrocius weather etc etc

obelix

Juniors
It's good to see them starting to interview Welsh people in the crowd who obviously care for the club and the sport. During the Barrow game they managed to find everyone who had a northern accent...

Wasn't as exciting a game as Barrow but it was clear both teams were very nervous.

Crowds don't seem to have been adversely affected by the telly coverage either.

bartman

Immortal
Copa said:

Seems absurd. A potential RL expansion area possibly decided upon by one final game that could involve dodgy refs calls, sick player/s not making the field for CC, atrocius weather etc etc
No, but it's a big step up from NL2 to NL1, and seems logical that a possible expansion franchise should have demonstrated that they are at a close enough level before being given a leg up. Not too much to expect a top division franchise candidate to finish 1st or 2nd in one of two attempts at the thrid division.

Crusaders seem to be doing everything right in the back room, their press officer does a fantastic job, they're growing their development activities. I went to their game during the Super League weekend in nearby Cardiff, and it's a good gameday operation there and they seem to sell loads of cider? There a core of interested and regular local fans (about 800-1000), they just have to make sure they get the on-field result when it matters.

Similarly Toulouse should need to maintain previous levels of performance - they've advanced well in Challenge Cup before (most notably when Justin Morgan as coach) and need to perform well in the next Elite Championship season, which will be complete before the expected mid-year announcement of 2009 franchises.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Copa said:

It may or may not have been formally announced. But I was told this recently by a senior RFL official in a private conversation.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Is there any chance these games have 'accidentally' been put on youtube, or even better out in a torrent or two.

Would be great to see them.

aarondoyle

Juniors
I can't view it... I'm not a member and you need ot be invited. Anyone a member here who wants to invite me?

obelix

Juniors
AlbertRosenfeld said:
It may or may not have been formally announced. But I was told this recently by a senior RFL official in a private conversation.

I get told a lot of things in private conversations - and they stay private ;-)

Seriously though - this could have been a throwaway comment. Who knows what goes on inside Leighton Samuel's head? You can imagine things both ways - he started the club as a reaction to being shafted by the WRU so maybe he'd throw his hands up and walk away again - or maybe he's a smart businessman who'll know that Celtic need to go through the pain and struggle of trying to establish themselves to obtain legitimacy amongst the wider RL community and also to ensure that the fan base they build develops loyalty.

T to the T

Juniors
Leighton Samuel is the only worry I have concerning the Celtic Crusaders, he is a local business man with lots of cash however is extremely unpredictable and the club was initially set up out of spite. The name of the previous RU franchise in Bridgend was the Celtic Warriors so it's no coincidence that the RL team that filled it's void had a very similar name. LS however has bought a 100 year lease out on the Brewery Field where the Crusaders play so I doubt they will face many problems in having a home however the local RU team in the Bridgend Ravens who are in the Welsh Premiership, which is the tier below the Celtic League (Kind of like the NSWRL PL to the NRL), are having problems with LS who isn't keen on having the side play on his 'precious' ground and has/may attempt to shaft them in the future, whether he is successful or not is another question but it wouldn't go down well at all in the town. Coincidentally, the success RL conference side, the Bridgend Blue Bulls were kicked off the Brewery Field and now play 5 miles down the road to accomodate the Crusaders.

IMO Leighton Samuel is a liability, only last week he ended his £30,000 sponsorship of a Welsh Football League side which has seen a mass exodus of players and may go bust. I don't trust LS as far as I can throw him, especially after his antics in the closing down of the Celtic Warriors saga. However he is all we have got at the mo:(

BTW, you got mail Aaron

T to the T

Juniors
brendothejet said:
I want to join too.
I can't send you a PM to get your e-mail as it says that your PM inbox is full at the moment. Just send us a PM with that info and I'll sort you out an invite mate:thumb

Latest posts