What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
12 years ago today the NS Bears were booted and forced into a JV with Manly....... Stay strong anyone that believes the Bears were rorted, things are looking good for the future - decision expected on expansion around May next year.

Beowulf

Juniors
The next Central Coast Bears membership drive is on @

SATURDAY 22nd OCTOBER
EVENT: Top Ryde Shopping Centre
TIME: 9am - 12pm

Worked this drive - always get a buzz when fans not only of the Bears but others (Tigers fans mainly being Top Ryde) join the CC Bears because of, in their words, 'how the Bears were shafted and its time to right a wrong'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
RU/SL/PNG/PI's/NZ/new talent development in WA and Vic
We aren't short of palyers, we're short of; cash, development programmes, salary cap and decent scouting systems!

Beowulf

Juniors
Have a look at the talent in NSW and QLD Cups - there's plenty there. Add Super League ex pats and English who will be lured by higher salary caps/stronger $A and we could find enough for 4 new teams within 6 years, easily.

PB

Bench
How do you have more teams AND higher salary caps?
At a time when fewer juniors playing, Global economic conditions not condusive to more (viable) commerical partners becoming involved, Australia is becoming ridiculously expensive place to live (with an impact on returning players and supporters alike) and 15 clubs are running at a loss (suggesting there isn't the money or capable administrators).

I just don't see it. One can argue for re-location, merging or culling clubs and replacing them, whatever you want to do, but i don't see how you have more than 16 teams.

How do you have more teams AND higher salary caps?
At a time when fewer juniors playing, Global economic conditions not condusive to more (viable) commerical partners becoming involved, Australia is becoming ridiculously expensive place to live (with an impact on returning players and supporters alike) and 15 clubs are running at a loss (suggesting there isn't the money or capable administrators).

I just don't see it. One can argue for re-location, merging or culling clubs and replacing them, whatever you want to do, but i don't see how you have more than 16 teams.

The CCBears have been the catalyst of reviving two junior clubs which had folded after the NSBears were dropped. They have brought back commercial partners from the NSBD who haven't been involved in the game since NSBears were dropped. They have brought back fans who haven't spent a dollar on the NRL since they were dropped. They have corporate partners, local businesses, a financial lay out which will drive a successful business.

I'm sure W.A. Reds are on a very similar page. Just because you don't hear about how many juniors are actually in the system or about every single business which is involved with rugby league through various grades, leagues etc doesn't mean they don't exist.

The game has the natural resources (players, locations and corporate partners). What it doesn't have is foresight. It truely is time for a criteria to be re-introduced. If we have to wait until the currents teams are in order to therefore expand, then we'll be waiting for 50+ years for certain basket cases to even break even. Let alone get their house in order.

PB

Bench
I have no doubt the people involved in the Central Coast Bears have been working hard to drive junior numbers and thats great. But the Central Coast is a dot on the national map. I believe, from my travels and where i live, that you can draw a line across NSW starting in Kiama across through Young, Temora, Griffith and out across the Hay plaine and from this day forward the majority of people who live below that line who go on to become professional footballers will do so in the AFL, not the NRL. There is just no programming or infrastructure to support the growth of rugby league in these areas. And you can draw the same line through Innisfail (QLD) and everything north is almost completly lost to the AFL and that line is slowly drawing south to.

And i am sure the Central Coast Bears are working hard and have built up a good base of business partners, but for the league to accept expansion AND higher salary caps, they need BIG business involved - the guys seeking national exposure and lets face it are you going to get more national exposure when you are on at midnight in all but two states, or a range a prime time options in every state? I know where i invest my money if I am in a multi-national business and its not the game with no national strategy and clubs who can't administer themselves.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
You have to admire the way the Central Coast Bears bid and supporters have held themselves throughout the time of their bid, from way back in the early 2000s.

adamkungl

Immortal
Please...half the Melbourne clubs in the AFL survive on handouts. This is not an issue for the NRL. Clubs losing money is a constantly exagerated statement - that shortfall is covered by the Leagues clubs which exist to help fund RL Clubs.

You have to admire the way the Central Coast Bears bid and supporters have held themselves throughout the time of their bid, from way back in the early 2000s.

Thank you.

The Central Coast Bears bid and support base know how crucial it is to maintain the positivity and keep the word spreading. I'm sure the moment we kick in the bucket, is the moment the NRL would expand. Not to be. We'll keep putting pressure on the NRL to justify our existence in the greatest game of all.

We're a hard headed and golden hearted bunch of fans. We've dealt with more heartbreak and set backs in a decade then some clubs go through in 100 years! And we're still here and we know we're relevant due to the knockers continuously doing just that, trying to knock us off.

We can't give up and won't give up, we've invested so much time and resources into the bid and into the community. We've ascended beyond being just another "bid" and into a fully fledged organization. The groundwork we've put in, all of us, from the bid team right down to the newest members is unprecedented. It's our duty to keep the great tradition of both the Bears brand and the Central Coast community out there. If we can remain patient, vigilant and strong then we'll accomplish our goals.

We are the Central Coast Bears supporters and fans, built up from 1908 to the present. Through different era's, locations and faces. We won't give up, not now, not ever. So to the naysayers please deal with it just like we've dealt with your naysaying for a decade now. We believe in ourselves and we're going to make the majority believe in us too.

Beowulf

Juniors
I think its the injustice of what happened to the Bears that keeps driving everyone, and knowing we have the support of fans from all teams does lift the spirits. Thanks to all non-Bear fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts