What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ch 9 should take a leaf from ch 10s book

iggy plop

First Grade
panthersballboy said:
At least they are showing this weeks Storm V Dogs game live in Melbourne. It is a start but they need to do more if the storm are to stay in Melbourne.

I don't see it as a start at all. They showed the corresponding game last year - it didn't seem to get the ball rolling in terms of coverage for 2004.

Nein has to show more than just a semi or two a year.

I mean who cares about Port v Hawthorn in Sydney? Yet we are more likely to get that crap on FTA than say Manly v Roosters.

If they can show crap AFL games like that in Sydney on top of Swans games, then surely Melbourne people can have Storm games shown at a decent time every week.

Forum Idiot

Bench
knights 2004 said:
and ram the storm down melbournes throat as the swans have been rammed down ours.

lack of awareness would be a big problem for the storm in melbourne, there would be heaps of people that would watch but just dont know enough about it cause ch9 dont advertise

could just reverse their stupid AFL ads.
"can we beat sydney.......at their own game?"
absolutely. channel 10 do a superb job of promoting the AFL in sydney. the pretty tell you that youre a swans fan. its quite smart and moreover - the pre game and post game stuff that channel 10 do during broadcats of afl is a truckload better than what channel 9 do for league. they also have better ads and better feature peices.

bender

Juniors
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
BuffaloRules said:
The only way that channel 9 will give the Storm a proper go is if the NRL forces them to.

When the next TV contract rolls around, the NRL must insist that the Storm get good coverage in Melbourne and incorporate this into the contract, even if this costs them a few bucks....

That's right.

And not just Melbourne games. Other NRL matches as well.

Actually Man of Steel, I think that they should limit prime time coverage in Melbourne to all storm games (and origin games and finals of course). If you are going to interest victorians in the game, you need to firstly give them a team to follow. They will gain interest in the game when they learn the players, who does what, team plans and tactics etc and they develop a bond with that team. Variety is good for true fans, but we need victoria to become one eyed storm supporters across the state. I dont think the storm need to see say Roosters v Manly because it is a nothing game to them and would not attract their players. I dont think you can see too much of one team. If you are a st George supporter, you would want to watch every st george game. If you are not a storm suporter living in victoria then you are a vast minority and must respect the majority. You wouldnt like to see a succesful storm side where they are everybodys "second" team.