What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champion Back To Souths ? and Suggestions for Halfback in 2012 ?

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Why do supporters (who want this club to win a premiership) keep suggesting Sutton should play in the back row? Most of our line breaks laterly have come straight up the middle of the field. Why then would you's even think of putting our laziest player in a position where he would be required to do more work?
I have hoped for years now that John could be the player that helps us win (i was a Souths junior myself) but time and time again he proves to me that he should not be playing first grade.

Id rather him there then with the ball in his hands alot. He is a Mateo-type player...and guess where Mateo's best spot is? Back Row. Very similar qualities. Good hands, good runner of the ball but lazy as in defense.

tunedoggy

Juniors
I want to see Carney brought to Souths for 2012, I'm confident he'd fit into the club culture well and his natural ability would be necessary for us after losing Sandow....and he'd have to be going for cheap ;)

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I want to see Carney brought to Souths for 2012, I'm confident he'd fit into the club culture well and his natural ability would be necessary for us after losing Sandow....and he'd have to be going for cheap ;)

NO.
Not even for base salary, he is a train wreck, send him to the titans or ESL or GWS, but Souths don't need him

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Personally id love to see Beau Champion partner his cousin Inglis in the centres. Does anyone else agree with me ? i rekon Souths officials are in the wrong for how they treated Champion, and i'd like to see him come back and be in a Red and Green jersey again.

well, he did make it back to you guys in my F7's article...

wizard%20of%20oz%20small.jpeg

Wicked Game

Beau Champion was feeling homesick after he had ended up at the Storm during the offseason. Sitting in his flat, his dog came up to him. Whilst patting the canine, he said to it “I guess we’re not in Sydney anymore Toto.” No-one can help me.

Just then his phone rang. He looked down and saw it was his manager. He was sick of the little guy after getting him into this mess, but took the call anyway.

“Beau, I know you’re sad and you want to go home. I know who can help you. You need to go and see Wizza! Wizza and Loz.”

“Wizza and Loz?”

“Yes, Gary Freeman and Laurie Daley. They’ve said they’ll get you a spot on NRL on Fox, so you can let your feelings out on national TV. They’re in that magical emerald coloured building in Sydney”

“Great” said Beau, “but how will I get there?”

“Follow the Hume Highway road!”

So Beau grabbed Toto and started off down the highway, enjoying the yellowish tinge that the sun gave the cement road.

When he stopped at a servo, he noticed Adam Blair sitting there, looking sore and sorry after his big fight on the weekend. Beau walked up and asked what was wrong.

“Beau, I had a brain explosion on the weekend, and now I’m facing a long stint on the sidelines. Where are you off to anyway?”

“I’m off to the emerald building in Sydney to see Wizza and Loz. They’re going to help me get home. Maybe they can get you a new brain too?”

So Blair and Champion headed off down the highway arm in arm, signing together “We’re off to see the Wizza, the wonderful Wizza and Loz.”

At the next stop, the boys found Jamie Soward outside McDonalds, throwing ice at seagulls.

“Hey Jamie” said Beau, “What’s up?”

“Beau, I’m in a slump. I’ve lost my drive and my confidence. My fans say I’m playing with no heart”

Beau replied “I know what can help you. Let’s get you on TV so you can tell your fans you have still got it”

“But how can I get on TV Beau?”

Blair chimed in “He’s off to see the Wizza.”

“The Wizza?”

“The wonderful Wizza and Loz”

“He is?”

“He is.”

“He is?”

“He is. To fix every problem there was.”

“Well”, said Jamie, “I’ll come with you. Maybe Wizza and Loz can get me back my heart”

And the three players skipped off arm in arm, singing.

The trio arrived in Sydney as the sun started to set. As they passed ANZ stadium, the boys commented on the stadium and how it is home to so many teams.

“You know” said Blair “I hear that next week that ground will host the Bulldogs vs. Tigers, plus South’s feeder team, North Sydney”.
“Bulldogs and Tigers and Bears? Oh My!” Exclaimed Champion and Soward in unison.

The three players huddled together when they heard someone barking. Just then Todd Carney jumped out in front of them, snatched Toto and said “Give me some alcohol or you don’t get your dog back!”

Soward slapped Carney in the face and said “Stop it. Stop it right now.”

To which Carney crouched down and started crying.

“I’m sorry Todd” said Jamie, “I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“It’s not you Jamie; it’s just that I don’t have the courage to stop drinking.”

Champion chimed in, “Well you should come with us. We’re off to see Wizza and Loz. They’ll be able to give you the courage to stop drinking”

The four players continued along the road until they saw it, the giant emerald coloured Foxtel studio. They walked inside and stopped. There they were, Wizza and Loz, up there on the big screen. They looked larger than life.

“What do you want?” Bellowed Laurie Daley

Beau spoke up “Oh mighty Wizza and Loz, we need you to give us brains, heart, courage and a trip home”

To which Gary Freeman then piped up,

“Adam, you already have the brains to not fight the Manly grubs anymore.

Jamie, you have heart inside you. Just believe in yourself.

Todd, you have the courage to stop drinking, in fact, you’re sober right now.

And finally Beau. You are home Beau. You’re in Rabbitohs territory right now. Just click your heels and Rusty will come get you.”

So Beau closed his eyes, and said “There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home..”

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wouldn't be against looking into Carney. I reckon Crowe and Maguire would be good influences on him.

A simple performance based 1 year contract. Minimum wage + bonus for being picked for X amount of games + bonus if we make it to the finals and he plays + bonus if he stays out of trouble.

If he makes it to the end of the year meeting all those performance criterias, we're successful on the field with him and he's successful of the field, then we extend his contract. If not goodbye and good riddance.

Low risk, potentially high reward.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
I wouldn't be against looking into Carney. I reckon Crowe and Maguire would be good influences on him.

A simple performance based 1 year contract. Minimum wage + bonus for being picked for X amount of games + bonus if we make it to the finals and he plays + bonus if he stays out of trouble.

If he makes it to the end of the year meeting all those performance criterias, we're successful on the field with him and he's successful of the field, then we extend his contract. If not goodbye and good riddance.

Low risk, potentially high reward.

Geez............ Haven't we got enough problems already? Why invite any more????

BunniesMan

Immortal
Geez............ Haven't we got enough problems already? Why invite any more????
We haven't really had any major off field problems. And the two who have come closest to embarassing us off field Vaivai (his assault conviction) and Sandow (that alleged problem in the pub) are not with us next season.

Our 2012 squad is a generally well behaved group and that culture could be a positive influence on him. Plus if Crowe takes him under his wing and someone with a repuation for toughness and discipline like Maguire coaches him, he could come good.

Let's face it, Carney hasn't done anything unforgivable, no hanging offenses among his controversies. I don't think he's irreparably broken.

He has genuine superstar potential if you look inbetween his issues.

Also, if we did get him and it became a success it would piss off Easts fans and that would be satisfying too...

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Tim Smith is available.

HAHAHAHAHA !! Great Call !! i reckon it would be sick to have Carney and Reynolds in the half's, and let Sutton finally go back to blitzing best in the back row.

8. Sammy Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. John Sutton
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

what you reckon ?? i think we need to find a five-eight more urgently then a halfback, give Reynolds a go. might turn out good, Sutton needs to start in the back row in my opinion, even though he started to find form at the back end of the season, i still think hes a wide running back rower like DT. Put Sutton out on our right hand side attack with Matt King, That will be alot better then Pettybourne and Corrigan lol. Who agrees ?

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. ??????????????? (Carney if we go after him)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. John Sutton
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

14. Luke Burgess
15. Scott Geddes
16. Jason Clark
17. Nathan Peats

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
We haven't really had any major off field problems. And the two who have come closest to embarassing us off field Vaivai (his assault conviction) and Sandow (that alleged problem in the pub) are not with us next season.

Our 2012 squad is a generally well behaved group and that culture could be a positive influence on him. Plus if Crowe takes him under his wing and someone with a repuation for toughness and discipline like Maguire coaches him, he could come good.

Let's face it, Carney hasn't done anything unforgivable, no hanging offenses among his controversies. I don't think he's irreparably broken.

He has genuine superstar potential if you look inbetween his issues.

Also, if we did get him and it became a success it would piss off Easts fans and that would be satisfying too...

What i meant was, i think Maguire will have more than enough on his plate trying to correct an attitude problem with the people we already have without trying to reform a drunk as well. I couldn't care less what Easts do but i don't think Brian Smith is a "soft touch" and he gave up on the kid too.

Latest posts