What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champions League Thoughts

Eddie.

Bench
what a great pleasure it was to watch the mighty Blues knock out those arrogant loud mouths from Barca, especially Eto'o and all the crap he is still going on with despite the fact he missed a sitter which would of sent Barca through.

Anyway who do you think are the favourites, i reckon Chelsea should not be scared of anyone after knocking out Barca, but AC put on a master class against Man U. Juventus showed great character to come from behind and Bayern Munich played a very tight and organised game in London and deserved to progress.

I would not be surprised to see Porto advance against Inter and be drawn against Chelsea in the quarters..

but anyway competition starting to heat up cant wait till next match day

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
With the teams that are still left, I don't think there are any real favourites as the draw will be crucial to the success of teams - especially considering the home and away aspect of these ties. However, I'm going for Juve who did well to beat Madrid. And with Nedved back, they will be even harder to beat.

perth sharkie

Juniors
I can't believe how many people are getting swept away by the Chelsea hype! Chelsea were extremely lucky to get past Barca. The last goal by Terry should not have stood as Carvalho blatently impeded the Barca keeper, but the ref and linesman didn't spot that. Think Sol Campbell's disallowed goal vs. Portugal at Euro 2004, except for Chelsea it was a much more obvious foul. If the ref had gotten it right, it would've been Barcelona who would have been on the receiving end of all the hype, not Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong, Chelsea could go all the way, but Milan, Juventus and co. hardly have anything to fear from them.

fat_mike

Juniors
its AC for me. defense is the best in the world. nesta and maldini went off early against sampodoria on the weekend and i doubt its aqnything to serious. the back 4 of AC are brilliant and will shut down anything chelsea would throw at them. they disposed of united even without andriy shevchenko. bets side in the world

nibbs

Bench
sure AC Milan knocked out Man U but, they're a different team to the one that won this comp back in 1999. it's mean fate and nothing to get excited about

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Milan have to be favourites, but with Robben back soon Chelsea will be right up there. Will be out of those two IMO.

lockyno1

Post Whore
AC Milan will win it! Chelsea will lose sometime! Milan have the best defence there is and most clubs have been able to score against Chelsea in the Champions League. With Sevchenko scoring won't be a problem! :clap:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Let's just wait til the draw is decided shall we? There is no doubt in my mind that the home and away part of the tie will be just as crucial as the teams who play in it.

Just look at the Juve Real Madrid games. 1 - 1 after 180 minutes. Juve had the good fortune that they were at home when it went to extra time. Then the Chelsea Barce game looked all over at 3-0 but 1 goal to Barce put them right back into it.

C.P

Juniors
Impressive performance from Inter this morning. Possibility of an all Milan final perhaps?????

MONY said:
inter will win it

I backed Inter at the start of the Champions League. Theyare very hard to beat but do find winning hard also. Juve and AC Milan are still fighting for the Serie A title. Inter only have to concentrate on the Champions League. I hope they win it. They have potential to score goals also, but a few of there strikers have been down this year but Adriano came good yesterday and hopefully can continue that.

Chelsea I am not sure have the defensive nounse to win it.

Lyon could be a dark horse but I doubt it. I think it will be between the 3 Italian sides provided they are not drawn against each other in the 1/4's

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southern Rooster said:
MONY said:
inter will win it
Chelsea I am not sure have the defensive nounse to win it.
What's that say about Premier League defenses when Chelsea are head and shoulders above the rest?

I do believe that Chelsea can win it though. Barca were/are the best attacking side in Europe IMO so it's no disgrace to concede a few to them, especially with 10 men at the Nou Camp. And with Robben back and Mourinho's experience i reckon they are certainly capable of going all the way. But Juve and AC are still the two to beat.

C.P

Juniors
Juve and AC are the favourites at this stage but Inter will be a very hard nut to crack. Only 1 loss in the Serie A all season, as Southern Rooster said Inter may find winning hard but its been near impossible for sides to actually beat them this season.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Inter Milan vs AC Milan. What a cracker that will be. Good news for Chelsea too as it may take one of the Italian teams to take out AC.

Liverpool vs Juventus.

Chelsea vs Bayern Munich

Lyon vs PSV

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I think Adriano was injured again in the match last night. No idea how bad it was (I was only half watching the match), but if he's out then it makes it even harder for Inter to topple AC Milan.

fat_mike

Juniors
liverpool beat juve this morning 2 - 1

goals to sami hyypia and luis garcia gave liverpool a good lead before cannavaro got a valuable away goal when scott carson fumbled his header.

i'm happy the reds won but i wish it couldve been 2-0.

go you reds

SP

Bench
excellent stuff for Liverpool, i didnt expect them to beat Juve, but its was great

probably Juventus will win 3-0 or something in the 2nd leg #-o

Latest posts