What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champions League Thoughts

fat_mike

Juniors
AC milan have beaten inter 2-0 in their first leg and chelsea beat bayern munich 4-2.

sets up some interesting second legs.

How crucial will that second goal of Bayern's be? 4-1 is a great home leg, but 4-2 isn't as good.

Also AC Milan looked all over Inter. I'm going for a AC V JUve/Chel final I think.

fat_mike

Juniors
go the pool

the parts of the inter/AC match i saw had inter dominating. Ac deserved the win. rock solid defence and now shivchenko is back it'll be all theres. that is ofcourse if the mighty reds get done in the second leg in turin

c'mon the reds!!!!!

Munky

Coach
Lampards 2nd goal was all class.

The sort of thing you expect to see in Pro Evo on the PS2.

fat_mike

Juniors
GO YOU REDS

0-0 all draw this morning in turin. some crowd troubles with reds and juve supporters hurtling missles at each other. ridiculous.

bring on chelsea.

Tommy Smith

Referee
What you talking about Ultra? It was vintage Italian quality. Fantastic technique on display with all those well constructed long balls. :lol:

mr panama

Juniors
bloody fantastic result! the game itself was very dull but we sought out to get a 0-0 draw and we got it. the semi should be an absolute cracker and hopefully we can get revenge after the league cup final.

Foz

Bench
The troops are returning.
Cisse,Alonso(were back today) Hamaan should be back and Stevie G. Where's Harry?
I reckon they'll roll Chelsea.

fat_mike

Juniors
aparently cisse looked like he hadnt lost a yard of pace. class player and woth the midfield firing the reds will start to looke better. baros and cisse upfront against the blue scummers with stevie G returning to show franky lampard whos boss. great semi final shaping up.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Baros is almost as overrated as Pauleta. Crap finisher as showed by his performance against Everton and to a lesser extent today.

weasel

First Grade
Isn't Xabi Alonso class. Him and Luis Garcia, go the spaniards. :clap: Rafael Benitez is a very very good manager (wish he was still at Valencia). It was always gonna take him a while to adapt to a new team, especially with all the new personnel brought in and the horror run of injuries. After a year in charge I think they will do very well next season, but if they don't qualify for Champions League it might peg them back from being real title contenders, especially if Gerrard does indeed leave.

Foz

Bench
Cisse only got a couple of touches today. Played about 15 mins.
He did one of those runs where you put the ball down the sideline about 10 metres and tried to outrun the fullback(could of been a midfielder but that position).
He accelerated pretty well but was elbowed off the ball and won a free kick.
Alonso was outstanding. Cant believe he lasted.
Put Baros away for a one on one but Baros pushed it just wide.
Garcia again was class. Tries to do a few too many fancy things but thats Garcia.
I thought Biscan had a great game (put him in centre midfield without Gerrard and he grows another leg).
My man of the match though was Hypia. Solid as a rock.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
WALK ON, WALK ON, WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART :D

i was chuffed last night for us.... great performance to get the 0 - 0... alonso was the star man and it was great to see cisse back... still looks sharp and fast.

were gonna bring chelsea down 8)

Parra_Eels

Bench
hey everyone whos goin liverpool wontdo well against chelsea - i believe thats wot people were sayin 2 weeks ago and the second leg of the sf is at anfield

Latest posts