What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes Are Necassary

Earl

Coach
Australia has all but conceded the 3rd test match in only two days, and if changes arn't made for the 4th then its series over.

ATM Australia is going into every game with 3 bowlers. Gillespie is pedestrian. I don't care how good he has been for Australia in the past this is the current, and he is bowling f**king rubbish. I guess though he took a wicket last night, so that all but assures him a spot in the 4th Test.

I don't care if its Shaun Tait, Stuart Clark or Stuart MacGill including for Gillespie but it has to be someone. Not Kasprowicz either, he's just as bad.

Damien Martyn when was the last time he scored runs? Matthew Hayden hasn't passed 70 for 27 consecutive test matches, any other country in the world would have dropped his ass by now.

Ricky Ponting's captaincy in this series has been disgraceful. Not to mention his batting form.

For mine Michael Hussey is a must for the next game. He knows how to bat in English conditions better than any other Australians in the world. Phil Jaques must also be looked at seriously as well, because he is most in form Australian batsmen.

aussies1st

Staff member
Totally agree. Change MUST be made even if we somehow win the 3rd test. Dizzy is gorn unless he has an amazing 2nd inns. Hayden the exact same. Tait for mind seems to have raw aggression that Dizzy use to have so he should come in. To replace Hayden I would go Hussey although Clarke may be out for the 4th test so probably Jaques in at opener and Hussey for Clarke. Hodge could also replace Clarke.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well then their is a ready made replacement for Clarke. I hope he bats in Clarke's place too. Katich is having a shocker in England especially since he was meant to be use to these conditions.

Earl

Coach
Point is though Hodge won't do anything. He's hardly scored a run on tour.

Australia best chance is to play 2 leg spinners, drop Gillepie, dont even consider Kasper

For this to happen Watson should be put in the squad to bat at 7 and as a 3rd seamer.

Hayden should probably go as well, for Hodge or Hussey, but dont hold your breath.

If Clarke is injured

Katich
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hodge/Hussey
Gilly
Watson
Warne
Lee
Macgill
Mcgrath

I think thats a batter balance.

aussies1st

Staff member
I would only play 2 spinners if the track was turning no point in having 2 spinners not doing much. I would perfer Watson at 7 and Tait in the side. That means we have a bit of leeway if one of our bowlers goes wrong.

dice

Juniors
You are out of your mind if you want Martyn replaced. IMO, Martyn is the most in form batsmen in the team but keeps getting out to freak deliveries like last night. If Clarke recovers it will be Katich who disappears. Hayden is a protect species.

Hussey was going great guns in one-dayers but is Hussey even in the UK? I think Hogg would also be a good option to replace Katich allowing them to retain an overrated seamer.

Coraki_kid

Juniors
Watson should never wear the baggy green again. Watson's bowling is just as bad as dizzy's, both do nothing with the ball even when the pitch is seaming central.

aussies1st

Staff member
I don't know how Hogg would go with the ball and his batting isn't top notch just a bit better than Warne.
Watson isn't too bad of a batsmen from what I have seen but bowling wise defintiely just as bad as Dizzy maybe a tiny bit faster but thats it.

knights04

Bench
Warne's batting has been better than most of top order recently. Hogg? :lol: If Clarke is in doubt I'd go with Watson. He didn't do too much wrong in Sydney.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
knights04 said:
Replace Dizzy with Kasper or Clark. His record this yr speaks for itself.

Dizzy has a good record as well, but yeh..........something has to be done

not sure whats worse, our batting or our bowling

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
my team:

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds\Hodge (is symonds playing county cricket?)
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
MacGill\S.Clarke
McGrath

Earl

Coach
Yes, Symonds is playing county cricket but will never be a test cricketer.

And what the f**k people see in Shane Watson I'll never know.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
You say Symonds isnt a test cricketer but he prooved he could get runs against Englands which is somthing not one our batsman have done consistantly.

If he can face the bowlers in ODI he can face them in a test. He failed in Sri Lanka oh well.

azza

Juniors
They have to pick Hussey because he was a standout in the one-dayers, and Hayden in particularly has had plenty of chances now and has not capitalised. Earl I don't know why you are picking on Martyn in particular I think he has secured his spot for a bit now after his performance in India. IMO Langer is the only one showing any patience out of the recognised batsmen.

Dizzy has been a great bowler but with the series on the line we can't afford to only go in with four bowlers and have one of them not firing.

aussies1st

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
my team:

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds\Hodge (is symonds playing county cricket?)
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
MacGill\S.Clarke
McGrath

That lineup looks good. I would pick Symonds as one the bracketed guys. Clark or Tait for the other bowling spot. Pace seems to be what the english pitches have been made to suit but if there is turn MacGill should play.

Latest posts