What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes Are Necassary

Nah, I wasn't saying those guys should make it now, I'm just saying those players have been brilliant over their careers, yet they've had minimal experience in the Australian side. It should be kept difficult to play for Australia.

If Jaques was given a chance right now it would be laughable.

aussies1st

Staff member
Its mainly just bad luck for those players. They were at their best when the current Aus players were also at their best. Now our batters are no where near in form. Jaques has also been performing for a few seasons.

Timbo

Staff member
NB-Just for anyone who's saying Jaques isn't ready or whatever, he's in the Australian squad for the tests against the World XI this coming summer.

1-Hayden
2-Langer
3-Ponting
4-Martyn
5-Hussey
6-Hodge
7-Gillchrist
8-Warne
9-Lee
10-Kasper
11-McGrath

Why include Clarke when he can't throw the ball without hurting himself????

aussies1st

Staff member
I reckon that would be a similar side to what the Aus selectors go with. If Clarke is out Hodge/Hussey will take his place and they will keep Katich because they don't want 2 new middle order batsmen in.

Timbo said:
NB-Just for anyone who's saying Jaques isn't ready or whatever, he's in the Australian squad for the tests against the World XI this coming summer.

Yes he is. I'll be surprised if he makes it though. In fact it would be selection suicide to pick him to debut in that series.

I have no doubt further down the track, if his performances warrant selection, he will play, but there's no need to panic and make rash selections.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hussey will probably open in the World XI series if Hayden continues to fail. One thing in Jaques favour is the game is at the SCG his home ground. So he would know the pitch fairly well. But too risky to breed him in that match.

borat

Bench
You won't get a better opportunity to try him seeing as though this series doesn't really count for anything. I would say if Hayden fails all series he will get a run to see how he goes.