What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Eels

Pazza

First Grade
I am glad that Armit is in the game. He is a bigger, faster, more mobile and more physical alternative to Pearson. I recon that Armit is going to hold his spot for the rest of the season because Armit is going to show Smith why he should be in the top grade with a physical performace against the Broncos. I remember last season when Parra played the Broncos, Armit hit Webcke in a tackle one on one and stopped him and spun Webcke down and onto his back. How many other forwards can do that let alone when they were 19? Armit is one of the clubs best juniours since Hindmarsh and Cayless broke into the top grade. He is already 108kg, he is only going to get bigger and better as he gets more FG experiance.

I am also looking really forward to seeing Peek this season. He was great last season and has had a huge pre season from all accounts. He made the 7's side which is a great effort for a man of his size. He was rated as the one to watch at Parra in the big league season preview. Adam Dykes claims that Peek is the fittest forward at the club!!! He is in for a huge season!

Hurriflatch

Referee
at least this time Armit won't have to play 2 games in 24 hrs.
that would have been hard on him

plays in Eels PL game that finished at around 5pm

get ready and on a flight by about 9pm
Get to Brisbane at around 10pm local time (11pm in Sydney)
Get to the Team hotel around 1/2 an hour later
then up early for a morning training session before the game at 3pm

Pazza

First Grade
I recon Armit is fit enough to handle it. He looks so much more Buff this season. One offseason of FG training can really make a huge difference to a players performance. Thats why i am looking forward to seeing Armit, Tsoulos and Peek play this year cause they have had full offseasons with the First grade side and that intensity of training should prepare them much better for this season than previous seasons.

mickdo

Coach
wittyz chick said:
half said:
hopefully armit has a blinder so everyone shuts up about sonny bill williams

people brag on about Sonny Bill Williams...
He was pretty average last night, as were the whole cheats side, and were lucky to beat the sharks.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eels team (from 2GB)

Burt, Kativerata, Petersen, Vaealiki, Grothe, Wagon, Dykes, Cannings, Morris, Vella, Hindmarsh, Cayless, Hopkins (Webster, Stapleton, Peek, O'Dwyer)

Armit was flown up to Brisbane but as a last minute change it's been decided that Armit will be 18th player.

Ray is having another bitch because he was told that Armit would come in and O'Dwyer would stay as 18th man

hh

Juniors
wittyz chick said:
Avenger said:
Spot on Wittyz chick, I love this kid Armit. I think he could be anything. Now lets hold onto him.

Knowing the way BS keeps his players he'd probably get rid of Armit and buy some old reserve grader guy.

Because remember BS is the smart one :roll: [/sarcasm]

Sometimes I wish BS could see our talent of the young guys instead of sending them off for cheaper guys :cry: :cry: ...then were left to bitch and moan and then that starts more of the BS has to go talk which has been going on ever since after the 2002 season.

We parra fans have to get used to...were stuck with BS...deal with it

We nearly let him go at the end of 2001..... Melbourne & Canberra had made offers but Parra came through in the end.
He didn't ever want to leave Parra either!!!! He is proud to be an Eel.... one of few it seems....

Hurriflatch

Referee
Armit may never have been told that he was actually in it's just based on what Ray said no one knows what Armit or O'Dwyer were told.

I knew that O'Dwyer was in at about 9pm last night, Ray didn't know about it until 1pm today.

Armit and O'Dwyer may have known about it 3 days ago.