What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for next week?

legend

Coach
I think Milne, Chalk and Miller will be dropped for a at least a week and I think Weyman needs a prolonged spell in reggies to get his fitness and endurance levels to a point where he can compete consistently without missing every second game through injury. His impact is high but durability low and we need to start finishing games with 17 players if we are to make the finals.

I'd like to see:

Zillman
Cross
Graham
Best
Goodwin
Carney
Dobson
Tongue
Cositgan
Turner
Logan
Withers
Learoyd Lahrs

Campese
Picker
Tilse
Plum

Bay56

First Grade
Tilse should be dropped to PL ... he is soft as ... cnat stand seeing a player of his size being continually pushed back in tackles.

Miller played a decent game against the penny's but I'd like to see Thurlo or even Rothers given a go ... Rothers will be let go by the club and that is a real shame ... top player imo.

colly raider

Juniors
Id like to see-

1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Best
5. Goodwin
6. Carney
7. Dobbo
8. Logan
9. Withers
10. Thurling
11. Costigan
12. Turner
13. Tongue (c)

14. Campese
15. Plum
16. TLL
17. Tilse

Raiders Express

Juniors
I went to watch the raiders against the tigers a few weeks ago and Tilse was struggling to get around on the park. He needs to put on about 10 to 15 kegs so he can muscle up a bit. Zillman needs to learn some positional play, we are constantly caught out at fullback with Willie not reading the plays correctly.

Thommo is out for 6 weeks this will be a big loss as he has been very good since coming back from injury , Weyman will be back this week because of this , if we had everyone he may well of been in PL. costigan will also play and we need him and TLL firing to roll over the Cows. I dont know about TLL in the front row though. Howell could be an option if he returned Ok in PL , his experience would be a bonus and it would give Milne a rest from FG.Campo has to be on the bench also , if he was dropped for not following game plans which has been suggested in another thread then he deserves another go and could be a strike weapon off the bench.

Zillman
Howell
Graham
Best
Goodwin
Carney
Dobson
Tongue
TLL
Turner
Logan
Withers
Weyman

Campese
Tilse/Thurling
Miller/Picker
Plum

D

Deleted member 10972

Zillman
Milne/Howell
Graham
Best
Goodwin
Carney
Dobson
Logan
Withers
Thurling
Costigan
Plum
Tongue

Picker
Turner
Learoyd-Lahrs
Tilse/Weyman

mongoose

Coach
Bay56 said:
Tilse should be dropped to PL ... he is soft as ... cnat stand seeing a player of his size being continually pushed back in tackles.

Miller played a decent game against the penny's but I'd like to see Thurlo or even Rothers given a go ... Rothers will be let go by the club and that is a real shame ... top player imo.

I think Tilse's problem is he has no speed, he just lumbers. Zillman and Goodwin need to just hang around the ruck and wait for an offload.

why howell is being mentioned in peoples possible team is beyond me....he makes 4x the mistakes of milne or anyone and has the attacking ability of dry sh*t

Chachi

Bench
Massive game for us this week. It will determine whether we're good enough to make the 8.

We haven't won two in a row, other than either side of the bye, and our away form has obviously been ordinary for most of the season.

Having said that I'm sure the boys will be out for revenge against the Cowboys.

Milne needs to be dropped IMO as this is one team that could massacre us out wide if we're not 100%. Maybe Chalk to the centres and Best to the wing. Use Best against Minto. I didn't see PL this week so I'm not sure how those boys went.

Weyman in for Thommo. Thurling to replace Chalk on the bench.

edabomb

First Grade
Milne has been very average recently. He needs to work on his handling skills, and reggies would probably be the best place for this.

Howell isn't too bad on the wing, I'd probably prefer him over Milne on form if the reggies write up was anything to go on.

Plus it'd help move Howell for next season if he had a stint in firsts.

Macko8

Juniors
Im pritty sure howell is one player that will be released at the end of the season.
With monaghan coming and all he'll find it hard to crack into FG, but he did play a couple of games last season on the wing and didnt do too bad,but milne for myn.

1. Zillman
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Chalk
5. Goodwin
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Logan
9. Withers
10. Tilse
11. Costigan
12 LL
13 Tongue

14. Picker
15. Turner
16. Miller
17. Weyman

Macko8 said:
Im pritty sure howell is one player that will be released at the end of the season.
With monaghan coming and all he'll find it hard to crack into FG, but he did play a couple of games last season on the wing and didnt do too bad,but milne for myn.

Doc carved up premier league at fb on fridy

julian87

Juniors
1 Will Zillman
2 David Howell (as long as he is left winger outside Graham, they're a great combo)
3 Phil Graham
4 Colin Best
5 Bronx Goodwin
6 Todd Carney
7 Michael Dobson
8 Scott Logan
9 Lincoln Withers
10 Dane Tilse
11 Neville Costigan
12 Glen Turner
13 Alan Tongue

14 Tom Learoyd Lahrs
15 Josh Miller
16 Terry Campese (though Henry will play Chalk)
17 Michael Weyman/Trevor Thurling (depends on injury to Weyman)
18 Nigel Plum
19 Joe Picker

nickraider

Juniors
I would have Howell over Milne too. Milne appears down on confidence and makes too many mistakes. Howell adds a bit of experience as well.

skeepe

Immortal
1. Zillman
2. Milne
3. Graham
4. Best
5. Goodwin
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Miller
9. Withers
10. Logan
11. Costigan
12. Turner
13. Tongue (c)

14. Learoyd-Lahrs
15. Tilse
16. Plum
17. Weyman

jed

First Grade
colly raider said:
Id like to see-

1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Best
5. Goodwin
6. Carney
7. Dobbo
8. Logan
9. Withers
10. Thurling
11. Costigan
12. Turner
13. Tongue (c)

14. Campese
15. Plum
16. TLL
17. Tilse
I'd start Tilse for Thurling (who I would prefer to see come on as the opposition are starting to tire) and Turner starting on the bench for Plum (who has a lot more mongrel, making up for his lack of safe hands)

Latest posts