What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes I'd make to the Kiwi team

expansionist

Juniors
Persist? Vatuvei would be the first or second back picked, he's a shoe in and with very good reason.[/quote]

I am absolutely struggling to remember a decent game Vatuvei has played for NZ.....

If I was NZ selector I would not go for him.

Meth

Staff member
If the discussion is what changes should be made to the top team;

1- Perrett
2- Nightingale for Hohaia
3- Matai
4- Inu for Ropati
5- Vatuvei
6- Marshall
7- Fien
8- Cayless
9- Luke for Leuluai
10-Manu
11-Mannering
12-Fa'alogo for Rapira
13-Smith

14-Blair
15-Sa
16-Eastwood
17-Halatau

Fien was terrible last night- but we don't have many options

It was a massive mistake to leave Luke and Inu out; one we can't afford to make again.

Marshall needs to stand up and run the play a lot more- apart from the Manu try, he looked completely bereft of ideas on attack

Skram

Juniors
Last night for another.

I like it how 'Vatuvei only shows up for a winning team'. I'd say it's more his 'showing up' in winning games is a very large reason those games are being won, if you get the ball to Manu something will happen. Being a winger the onus isn't on him to come off his wing and get involved constantly, yet he still goes looking for work frequently. He's not even close to the reson the Kiwis were so poor last night.

cb4

First Grade
manu still has problems with the timing of the bounce of the ball but no way in hell should he be dropped

ucantseeme

Juniors
Here is the entire NZ squad for the RLWC. The ones in bold haven't played yet. They should definately do some experimenting in their next game against PNG.

Adam Blair
Nathan Cayless (c)
Greg Eastwood
David Fa'alogo
Nathan Fien
Dene Halatau
Lance Hohaia
Krisnan Inu
David Kidwell
Thomas Leuluai
Issac Luke
Simon Mannering
Sika Manu
Benji Marshall
Steve Matai
Jason Nightingale
Sam Perrett
Sam Rapira
Jerome Ropati
Setaimata Sa
Jeremy Smith
Bronson Harrison
Evarn Tuimavave
Manu Vatuvei

The Observer

Staff member
Perrett; Nightingale, Inu, Matai/Ropati, Vatuvei; Marshall, Hohaia; Fa'alogo, Luke, Rapira; Mannering (c), Manu, Eastwood. BENCH: Tuimavave (prop), Cayless (prop/2row) , Halatau (utility/dummyhalf), Sa (lock/standoff/centre).

Nev

Juniors
The team has been named:

New Zealand: Lance Hohaia, Sam Perrett, Krisnan Inu, Jerome Ropati, Manu Vatuvei, Benji Marshall, Thomas Leuluai, Nathan Cayless (capt), Nathan Fien, Adam Blair, Simon Mannering, Setaimata Sa, Jeremy Smith. Interchange: Issac Luke, Greg Eastwood, Sam Rapira, David Fa'alogo.

screeny

Bench
I'm happy with that side, apart from Fein. I've read upmteen articles critiqueing Leuluai but none slating Fein's inept display. He was so rubbish I cannot believe it.

Jeremy Smith needs to sort out his defence too. Too many times he was attacking Australian legs as the first defender in, allowing quick PTBs. Most times the NZ defenders would allow Aussie forwards to land on elbows and knees as they sort of let them through the gap and tried to win the put down, wrestling them onto their backs. Forget that! Concentrate on body contact you dopes.

The bench is much more potent this time round. Rapira was arguably NZs best on Sunday and Fa'alogo has always played well when I've seen him, and at last I get to see what all the fuss is about with Luke.

Can't wait for the game.

Butters

Bench
The team has been named:

New Zealand: Lance Hohaia, Sam Perrett, Krisnan Inu, Jerome Ropati, Manu Vatuvei, Benji Marshall, Thomas Leuluai, Nathan Cayless (capt), Nathan Fien, Adam Blair, Simon Mannering, Setaimata Sa, Jeremy Smith. Interchange: Issac Luke, Greg Eastwood, Sam Rapira, David Fa'alogo.

They dropped Sika Manu and kept Nathan Fien? :lol:

Latest posts