What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 - disgraceful

Calculus

Juniors
In regards to Sports Tonight it is worth remembering that there is only one edition which is broadcast nationally on weeknights. It that context, it doesn't surprise me that AFL news would be first.

El Diablo

Post Whore
cumberlandsashes81 said:
This Helen Kapalos story is unbelievable - I may just be starting to believe the Channel 10/Sports Tonight conspiracy theories... :eek:

ten definitely have a pro AFL anti RL agenda.

i'd be surprised if the latest AFL scandal wasn't quickly glossed over tonight. i certainly wouldn't expect it to be the lead sports story as it would be negative towards AFL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Tim Webster has done a few things at the Roosters. i wonder if 10 will put a stop to that now??

Bumble

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
It was in Rosanne Michie's sports gossip column in Sundays Herald-Sun (18th/03) in Melbourne. I cant find it on the net so I typed it out

"Station Pulls Plug on newsreader"

"Channel 10 has ordered Helen Kapalos to stand down as official ambassador for Melbourne Storm Rugby League team.
The edict came to late for organisers of Storms launch this week – Kapalos’s profile is included in the seasons media kit of ambassadors which include Molly Meldrum, Nicole Livingston, Fr Bob Maguire and Lauren Hewitt.
CEO Brian Waldron confirmed the network had insisted the glamorous newsreader pull the pin.
“She wasn’t allowed. They said it was because of their relationship with the AFL,” Waldron said.
“We asked her to be an ambassador because she really loves the game. She was really happy to do it.
“It’s disappointing to say the least.”
A 10 spokesperson said it would be inappropriate for Kapalos, who also has an allegiance to Hawthorn….. , to be officially involved in Rugby League, given its status as the AFL station.
“We are not being precious, she’s still free to go to the games’” the spokeswomen said.
“But it was a bit of a last-minute misunderstanding. She didn’t realise what it was going to be involved……..”

Firstly one of the Storms ambassadors, Kevin Bartlett, works and calls for the station that covers more AFL then anyone else so that blows tens reasons out of the water.
Secondly ,Waldron came on the radio yesterday (KB gave it to ten yesterday) and siad that any duties would not conflict with her role at 10 in anyway, all the title was an honorific one which didnt involve much beside spreading goodwill about the strom.

Well, that's nice of them to allow her to do what she wants in her own free time. :roll:

Facists.

LESStar58

Referee
I'll watch ST for the Sunday NRL and EPL wrap ups/highlights and thats about it... they've been on the slide since those "top 10 NRL moments" last year :roll:

LESStar58

Referee
Noa Nandruku said:
It was in Rosanne Michie's sports gossip column in Sundays Herald-Sun (18th/03) in Melbourne. I cant find it on the net so I typed it out

"Station Pulls Plug on newsreader"

"Channel 10 has ordered Helen Kapalos to stand down as official ambassador for Melbourne Storm Rugby League team.
The edict came to late for organisers of Storms launch this week – Kapalos’s profile is included in the seasons media kit of ambassadors which include Molly Meldrum, Nicole Livingston, Fr Bob Maguire and Lauren Hewitt.
CEO Brian Waldron confirmed the network had insisted the glamorous newsreader pull the pin.
“She wasn’t allowed. They said it was because of their relationship with the AFL,” Waldron said.
“We asked her to be an ambassador because she really loves the game. She was really happy to do it.
“It’s disappointing to say the least.”
A 10 spokesperson said it would be inappropriate for Kapalos, who also has an allegiance to Hawthorn….. , to be officially involved in Rugby League, given its status as the AFL station.
“We are not being precious, she’s still free to got to the games’” the spokeswomen said.
“But it was a bit of a last-minute misunderstanding. She didn’t realise what it was going to be involved……..”

Firstly one of the Storms ambassadors, Kevin Bartlett, works and calls for the station that covers more AFL then anyone else so that blows tens reasons out of the water.
Secondly ,Waldron came on the radio yesterday (KB gave it to ten yesterday) and siad that any duties would not conflict with her role at 10 in anyway, all the title was an honorific one which didnt involve much beside spreading goodwill about the strom.

That is disgusting. Channel 10 have stooped to a new low! :x

I can't beleive that Waldron is standing idly by and letting her get pushed around like that!

I've a good mind to boycott EVERYTHING on Channel 10... its bad enough they have ROve but the fact that they wont allow a staff member to be an ambassador for the club on broadcast alligances is disgraceful.

Again; its called FEAR!

Hindyscrack

Bench
Calculus said:
In regards to Sports Tonight it is worth remembering that there is only one edition which is broadcast nationally on weeknights. It that context, it doesn't surprise me that AFL news would be first.

Because it is the most popular sport in the minority of Australia?

~knights~

Juniors
ch 10 is sh*t

they said that corey patterson will sit out the season dealing with his depression

when really he is a week to week proposition whether he will play or not

dumb idiots !!!!

Chook Norris

First Grade
lol how'd u dig this thread up?

Channel 10 Sport really has been about AFL since Tim Webster left (Roosters supporter)

Brutus

Referee
That Helen Kapalos story from a couple of years ago still makes me ill.

So by the AFL having relationships with 2 FTA networks that means RL is a no-go zone at both of those stations, despite the fact RL is most popular code in more than half of Australia.

The NRL has to do a deal with more than one FTA network when the next TV contract comes around.

fourplay

Juniors
Imagine if Ch9 ordered Eddie McGuire to abandon his relationship with Collingwood because Ch9 are a RL station. :lol:

Patorick

Staff member
Helen kapalos......mmmmmmmm, Greek-style.
helenkapalos2.jpg

Noa

First Grade
Hear how the Greek army won a lot of their battles?

They launched alot of suprise attacks from the front.

MsStorm

Bench
Why should they stop her being the ambassador for the Storm because Channel 9 has the league?

Nien will be showing most league games really late at night in Melbourne so I don't know what the dicks are being so paranoid about.

Is this story true, do you have a link? I can't beleive these clowns would be so petty. Can you imagine Channel 9 in melbourne halting all AFL chat because 7 and 10 has the rights? No, neither can I.

Very petty.
Channel 7 are no better...in fact they are worse...very little rugby league content. Must have a clause in their contract from the afl.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
One HD might join the bidding for NRL next time it comes up for renewal.

I noticed they are packing their audience (for the sports tonight hour or what ever it's called) with people in league jerseys. Probably hoping to get league people watching. I only watch that channel because I have no Foxtel. AFL 7 days a week, very little league.

Latest posts