What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel 9 commentary fair dinks!

GongPanther

Referee
Anyone that has HDTV notice the crappy picture quality?

There was some kind of what i could only describe as picture shimmer which was prevalent around the players outlines.

It wasn't my TV as this varied between camera shots.

I switched over to other channels and the pic was perfect.

Anyone here noticed it as well?

Lasted for about 15-20 minutes until they fixed it up.

As far as the commentry is concerned,you would have to come to the conclusion they must think that people don't take notice of them so they opt to being annoying.

In the heat of the moment,when there is a try going on,I don't hear the commentators as the selective hearing kicks in and I just hear the crowd over the TV.

According to Nine, there is only one player per team. Hayne, Marshall, Lockyer, Carney, etc. It is sickening -they never criticise when these 'star' players do something wrong either.

He was certainly the most influential player on the field yesterday, and did some great things, and some not so great things. When he threw that long forward pass to Beay Ryan, they weren't praising him at all. Gus was just saying that that's the way Benji plays, he often choses the difficult option instead of the easy one. That's hardly a praise. Even another play, when he got the ball and grubbered immediately behind the line, Gus was hardly praising him, but said that's how he plays, a bit trigger-happy.
When he did the good stuff, they did praise him, and so they should have.

Bricey

Juniors
For mine the worst part of the coverage was right at the start with Freddy going on about it being his day off and crap.... then they cut to him and he is wearing a Raiders Jersey.....

Thought they were meant to be impartial

Latest posts