What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 commentary

hrundi99

First Grade
Matt M said:
hrundi99 said:
Matt M said:
I think some people should just stop complaining for the sake of it. It rarely takes away from the game at all, and quite frankly I don't care if they do it or not.

It does take away from the game as far as I'm concerned.

These guys are paid megabucks to commentate 1 or 2 footy games a week. Is it too much to ask that they watch all 7 games every week so they know who all of the players are?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure they know who they are, but sometimes it is hard to tell who is who. When I watch the game I often look at a player and think it is someone else for a while, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Its just natural, no matter how many games a week you watch it will always happen.

I don't think it's hard. There are about 300 guys. That's not a lot when it's your full time job.

It should be a rare occurrence but it's not.

Grantwhy

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Matt M said:
hrundi99 said:
Matt M said:
I think some people should just stop complaining for the sake of it. It rarely takes away from the game at all, and quite frankly I don't care if they do it or not.

It does take away from the game as far as I'm concerned.

These guys are paid megabucks to commentate 1 or 2 footy games a week. Is it too much to ask that they watch all 7 games every week so they know who all of the players are?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure they know who they are, but sometimes it is hard to tell who is who. When I watch the game I often look at a player and think it is someone else for a while, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Its just natural, no matter how many games a week you watch it will always happen.

I don't think it's hard. There are about 300 guys. That's not a lot when it's your full time job.

It should be a rare occurrence but it's not.

And sometimes they just mix up the names.

On both Radio and TV coverage it's not an uncomon thing to hear a commentator call Paul Bowman as Bowen and Matthew Bowen as Bowman :shock:

MEATWAD

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Southernsaint said:
He's like a Beat Poet...it's just stream-of-conscious rambling...

:lol: :lol:

Southersaint, they wouldn't know what a beat-poet was around here!

Actually, sometimes he's more like a modernist noise-poem. Especially when you see them typeset.

He's like, "Webke, LOCKYER! LOCKYER'S THROUGH! OH LOCKYER!"

Striker

Juniors
I've heard Rabs mistake Thorn for Tate, I think it was the game against the Roosters. Actually if I remember half the team was Tate that night, he kept stuffing it up! Not a big deal though because we all new they were idiots, these sort of incidents just prove it.

Latest posts