What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Hates The Warriors And The Raiders

user_nat

Coach
Wow that was exciting. I was really hoping Brisbane would win.. and they did!

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not only were the statistics boring, they've been skewed deliberately against Channel 9. They're claiming delayed retransmission of Ch 9 coverage as a game being "shown on FOX". That automatically puts Ch 9 behind the eight ball.

Either way, based on their 2010 performance, and the first half of 2011, there wasn't much cause to put them on FTA anyway.

Mr Spock!

Referee
And forgot to menon they love the snorefest Dragons. I'm glad they're usually the late game up here because they put me to sleep.

Need more Knights v Eels games.

undertaker

Coach
What's the stats on NINE showing Canberra v Warriors? Ha ha.

Four times (excluding finals matches): Rd 21 1995, Rd 21 1996, Rd 6 and Rd 11 1997 (SL). So, as you can see, back in the days when the Green Machine were semi-decent. Now, they are just the Faiders and have to put up with fans like Skeepe

LOL@Faiders

IanG

Coach
Yeah but I think it's also highlighting the fact that the Donkeys are getting a rails run.

undertaker

Coach
Yeah but I think it's also highlighting the fact that the Donkeys are getting a rails run.

Oh IanG, I'm not questioning that at all. Even as recently as Rd 26 2006, the Donkeys had all home and away games broadcasted into Brisbane. So, even when Ch9 Sydney didn't cover their game on a Sunday arvo, their match was still shown in Brisbane.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone heard a commenter in this thread... the 1995 channel 9 game at Ericsson between the pair is on FOX Sports right now.