What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 tackle counts

bulldogben

Juniors
its been happening for a while now, surely whoever does it can hear the ref yell zero, one, two or whatever it is and follow suit on the scoreboard

TheRam

Coach
What irritates me the most is when there is a knock on, kick in general play, or a turnover of possession of any kind, they remove the tackle count off the screen way to quickly, which isn't helpful at all when you want to know what the tackle count was before the change of possession. Fu*k that pisses me off.

Perce

Juniors
reckon it's a technical issue as it seemed to happen towards the end of tackle counts regularly

?
I don't reckon - I think it's human error. Whoever's job it is to update it doesn't have much of a feel for the game. They never seem to get it right when it's 'six again', and regularly you see them getting to tackle three or four before putting it up on screen - as if they're sitting there on Sports Ears desperately trying to hear what the ref is calling and failing miserably. You don't need to hear the ref; you just need awareness and some basic RL knowledge. It's pathetic.
By contrast - Foxtel manages to get it right pretty much all the time.

2010Dragons

Bench
How hard is it for channel NINE crew to listen to the pink pelicans calling on their microphones...."Heelllld....1st tackle, Heelllld...2nd tackle, Heelllld...3rd tackle, Heelllld....4th tackle....Heelllld 5th and last tackle.."

They must have out sourced it to a kindergarten school.:sarcasm::sarcasm:

strewth_mate

Bench
Made a point of watching the counter in one of Friday's games. On one occasion the count was accurate for tackles 1, 2 and 3, then it rolled quickly over 4 and shot up to 5. The 4 did make an appearance however fleeting, and it was after the tackle was completed, not at the start of a second phase, so I don't know what's doing.

Can't remember if it was a set starting at tackle 0.

joshie

Live Update Team
channel 9 are just no good.

where are you ten and 7??? lol jks gallop is stupid

NrlCoach

Juniors
130437484332.gif

Sleep

Juniors
This year it's been pretty bad on the FTA games. I've noticed a few times where they've got it wrong.