What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine also delaying Australia v NZ game till 8:30pm

Poul

Juniors
Does anyone know what time the "Opening Ceremony" starts prior to the Kangaroos v Kiwis match? I get back from Townsville that afternoon, so I'm wondering if I'll have time to go home or if I'll have to go straight to the SFS. I'd also like to watch the France v Scotland game on Foxtel, and it would be a shame :cry: if that overlaps with the time of the Opening Ceremony.

jim_57

Staff member
Pretty sure I heard 9 are supposed to cover the indigenous V Maori game.

Jeffles

Bench
The TV Guide in today's Sydney Morning Herald confirms it. 8:30pm on Ch Nein for Australia v NZ. The Indigenous v Maori game is on Nein at 4pm.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Channel 9 not televising the game live might end up a blessing in disguise, as it would encourage people to go out and get tickets to the game.

pcpp

Juniors
Also, from what I've read in other forums, it's not at 8:30pm Australia wide either:

8:30pm Syd, Mel, Bris
9:30pm Perth
10:30pm Adelaide

Calixte

First Grade
Like I have said before, the clear problem is Nein and some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy in so far as the tournament is concerned...

I for one am encouraged by the signs that the tournament will rise above all that garbage.

jim_57

Staff member
Also, from what I've read in other forums, it's not at 8:30pm Australia wide either:

8:30pm Syd, Mel, Bris
9:30pm Perth
10:30pm Adelaide

Are those local times or Eastern times?

If it is on at 9.30 in Perth wouldn't it be live?

Jeffles

Bench
Again one wonders if this is jobs for the boys over a genuinely good deal from the game. Nein won't give TV viewers live coverage and 2GB paid less and provide less content than the Fairfax Radio Network was willing to provide.

Brutus

Referee
Again one wonders if this is jobs for the boys over a genuinely good deal from the game. Nein won't give TV viewers live coverage and 2GB paid less and provide less content than the Fairfax Radio Network was willing to provide.

It has to be job for the boys.

The radio deal was an absolute disgrace and Nein are treating this tournament with disdain.

yakstorm

First Grade
Sunday Schedule now up:

Sydney: 8:30pm
Brisbane: 8:30pm
Canberra: 8:30pm
Darwin: 8:30pm
Adelaide: 10:30pm
Tasmania: 8:30pm
Melbourne: 8:30pm
Perth: 9:30pm

Hmm glad I'll be at the game on Sunday, but I'll definitely be watching Saturday's game live on BigPond.

jim_57

Staff member
I believe its local times - so a 5 hour delay in Perth.

:oops: Oh yeh, my mistake.

I can find a minor positive in this though, more people will be watching TV at 9.30 than they will 4.30.

Latest posts