What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Coverage

James_Hardie

Juniors
Thought it was ok. But loved these couple of pearlers from Rabs early on:

As the Maroons were about to run out "The Maroons without a couple of their stars in Slater and Croker". I am pretty sure with 9 caps for NSW, Jason Croker would have been chuffed to be associated with QLD.

And i like this, as NSW kick off "So the blues running right to left". Now when Wests play Parra i understand saying that because sometimes people watching are new to the game and don't know the teams. But if you couldn't work out the "blues" were the team in the "blue" jersey, you have problems...

James_Hardie said:
Thought it was ok. But loved these couple of pearlers from Rabs early on:

As the Maroons were about to run out "The Maroons without a couple of their stars in Slater and Croker". I am pretty sure with 9 caps for NSW, Jason Croker would have been chuffed to be associated with QLD.
it pretty obvious that the meant crocker

Kornstar

Coach
Super slow mo would be good to see some of the big hits, i would like to see the super slow mo of the SBW shoulder charge on Clinton in 04....

There were some big hits out there last night that they could have used it for.

I thought the introducing of the players was great too

innsaneink

Referee
The players introduction and them mentioning their junior clus was very good i think...good for the kids, gives them something to relate to when a club they play for or against is mentioned...my son played for Anastas old club at Maroubra....he sparked up a bit when it was mentioned, brings it all closer for the kids.

birdsteeth

Juniors
Christmas Ape said:
For once I thought they got it spot on.

Gould's hair needs a complete overhaul though. It looks like John Laws cuts it for him.

And John Laws looks like Lloyd Christmas cuts his hair...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does anyone know the title and artist of the track used during the opening video montage and final credits?

Last year it was "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits but this years song has me baffled.

And btw I was once again disapointed by channel 9's cover up policy of not showing replays of contentious ref calls. After every 50/50 call the replay would not be of the incident but of a meaningless play or hit up before the incident. It feels like the producers feel they have something to hide.