What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channell 9's coverage

stugutz

Juniors
What did we think of the coverage by channell nine?
Those commercials after a try was scored certainly was an anti-climax to a try for a tv viewer.

I know Melbourne and Southern States have got the international version of the SOO as there replay

But overall a good coverage

The commercials after the tries were certainly anticlimactic but overall i give it 8/10. The other negative was the promos at the bottom of the screen.

icewind

Juniors
I HATE THOSE DAMN F**KING MOM ADS! pops up at the worst possible freaking time! damn you channel 9, u suck!

Lantana

Juniors
What a surprise, whinging.

In a game that doesn't really have stoppages for more than 5 - 10 seconds (Not one for the first 16 mins last night) how the f**k do they advertise the sponsors product unless they do it straight after the try? They tried it after the conversion but everybody winged that the ensuing kick off was missed.
These sponsors contribute upward of $15 million dollars to be associated with this game, they are entitled to advertise their brand, without the sponsors money our grassroots would continue to get raided by the rival football codes who are now encirlcing our game like vultures.
So shut the f**k up and enjoy our sport and the tiny distractiuons that come with it as a positive. Otherwise becoime an Executive Producer and try to find a solution. Whingers, you never cease to amaze.

They can overlay the ads over the field for TV viewers and have it rotate between products every now and then like how Sky Sports do it for team logos in SuperLeague games.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thunderstruck said:
The commercials after the tries were certainly anticlimactic but overall i give it 8/10. The other negative was the promos at the bottom of the screen.

Geez theyre annoying, and I hate when halfway through a match they talk about the show like the other night, Rabs was saying "Super nanny you'll catch every sunday, see how kids are disciplined" I mean FFS who cares, we're watchin the friggin football. These blokes are getting paid to call the game, not promote some stupid show we dont even care about.:x

PARRA_FAN said:
These blokes are getting paid to call the game, not promote some stupid show we dont even care about.:x
Actually they are, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered promoting those other shows.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im sure everyones glad they didnt have the sky cam, what a joke that was.

Also I found it ridiculous Matt Johns interviewing Matt Bowen just seconds after he scored the match winner, he was too busy celebrating with his team mates and Matt Johns was like hey Matty come here. And you could hardly understand a word he said, he was all puffed out from the game.

ash the bash

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Geez theyre annoying, and I hate when halfway through a match they talk about the show like the other night, Rabs was saying "Super nanny you'll catch every sunday, see how kids are disciplined" I mean FFS who cares, we're watchin the friggin football. These blokes are getting paid to call the game, not promote some stupid show we dont even care about.:x

That sh*ts me as well...
Its stupid channel 9 taking advantage of the fact that league draws good Tv audiences to promote there sh*t.. I pray we don't undersell ourselves again in the TV rights deal..

Shifty

Juniors
I thought it would take a while before they managed to come up with something more annoying and distracting than sky cam, but those "Man of the Match" pop ups were intolerable. They took up half of the bloody screen.:x

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i saw it live at the whitford's tavern, they had it through some ABC Asia channel, the game was shown at 8:30 on fox and 10:30 on channel 9, it still amazes me how the game is shown live in paris across asia.....but still isnt live in WA