What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chants and Banners

bartman

Immortal
DO NOT USE THIS CHANT. AT ALL.
:lol:
There will be hell to pay if you use this chant at the game. This is the chant of Wanderers and you will keep it that way.
:lol:
There will be backlash if the RBB find out you are stealing their chants.
:lol: :lol:

The code of respectful crowd behaviour... a chant's a chant ffs. It's not like the wanderers or anyone else invented the concept. At the end of the day, who cares that much ? :crazy:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Take The F**ker Down (Farnham and Gutful)

Take the f**ker down (da-da da-da)
Cause I can see him, he's running like a girl
Steal the ball and run around
Then take the f**ker down (da-da-da)

Someone let that f**ker run (run)
I turned around and he was f**king gone
Who let that merkin run through the defence?
Who let that f**ker run (da-da-da)

Tony Bongo

Bench
Take The F**ker Down (Farnham and Gutful)

Take the f**ker down (da-da da-da)
Cause I can see him, he's running like a girl
Steal the ball and run around
Then take the f**ker down (da-da-da)

Someone let that f**ker run (run)
I turned around and he was f**king gone
Who let that merkin run through the defence?
Who let that f**ker run (da-da-da)

Thanks Gary. If only The Swarm wasn't family friendly. Maybe we can start another group in the Northern Terrace and use your chant?

offside ref

Juniors
You know im not a big fan of chanting and singing at a rugby league game no offence Tony. But I think reacting and cheering is what it's about. In soccer yes chanting is part of the game. And when im at a soccer march I enjoy it. But I often wonder why you would spend so much time remembering to song the words undyed of just watching and reacting. Just my opinion anyways.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I have a couple of chant ideas that might catch on in Parra Stadium

?Streets of Parramatta?

We?re from the streets of Parramatta,
Home of the mighty BGA (BGA!)
We will follow you forever,
We will be by your side!
C?mon c?mon Parra Eels!
C?mon c?mon Parra Eels!
C?mon c?mon
C?mon c?mon
Parra Eels !

?Come on you Parra Eels? [Tune of Popeye theme song]

Come on you Parra Eels,
Come on you Parra Eels,
We?ll always love you, never betray you
Come on you Parra Eels!

;-)

U wat m8

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Let's just watch the game and cheer when they do something good.

Works well and doesn't make us look like toolbag Dragons supporters with all their songs.

Tony Bongo

Bench
You know im not a big fan of chanting and singing at a rugby league game no offence Tony. But I think reacting and cheering is what it's about. In soccer yes chanting is part of the game. And when im at a soccer march I enjoy it. But I often wonder why you would spend so much time remembering to song the words undyed of just watching and reacting. Just my opinion anyways.

I agree with you. Other than the 'Parra Clap Clap Clap' chant, The Swarm chants are mostly reactionary. We don't just sing all game like they do at the soccer. Even before the Swarm was formed much of the Stadium would all call 'Fui' whenever he got the ball and everyone still does.
We usually only chant in recognition of good play or to make fun of the opposition when they stuff up by kicking it out or dropping the ball etc. Occasionally only do we chant to spur the team on, but once again it is reactionary as it is usually is when we are on a roll or have good field position.
Sometimes The Swarm has been criticised in the past for being too quiet but that only happens when there is not much to react to. When our team is losing the atmosphere in the Stadium dies and when they are winning or at least competitive the atmosphere builds. That's just the way it goes with Footy crowds. Hopefully this year we compete well and the crowd and The Swarm have plenty to cheer about. With any luck we will be lifting the roof off the Cronin and Thornette stands on Saturday.

DO NOT USE THIS CHANT. AT ALL.

I am first and foremost an eels fan and i am also a wanderers supporter. There will be hell to pay if you use this chant at the game. This is the chant of Wanderers and you will keep it that way.

There will be backlash if the RBB find out you are stealing their chants.

Guys be original and use your brains. stick to parra, parra, parra.

:lol::lol:

I'm DEFINATELY going to start these chants now!

Tony Bongo

Bench
Here is my first banner contribution for 2013 - I hope you all like it.
If anyone can tell me how to change the colours to blue and gold I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• MRK- Banner.JPG
    MRK- Banner.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 5

emjaycee

Coach
If anyone can tell me how to change the colours to blue and gold I would really appreciate it.

Here u go Tony... not the best but might do u.

Attachments

• MKR BANNER.jpg
    MKR BANNER.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 5

Mr_E

Juniors
My daughter has made a sign which reads "I don't think ya ready for Luke Kelly" (Sing it to the tune of bootylicious). Look for it Bay 67. Along with the Stop Mannah Time Sign. :D

MystikEel

Juniors

I can make that if you want a real banner? I'll chat to you tomorrow about it. :cool:

Latest posts